Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
As a result of my post where I said my SatNav had crapped itself (see pics on post #292, page 15), Holden service had my car today.
They said there is a new MyLink software update available now, which they installed.
They also said there must have been several people complaining about things because I had the (then latest) update installed in May.
So they said to see how the latest software goes.

However! On looking at the 'new' software, I see that it is exactly the same as my May update!
So either they (or Holden) are trying to pull a swifty, or they have inadvertently installed the same one again.

Guess who I'll be phoning tomorrow...

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
I can assure you they are Q1 2015 data. Here is the data from actually INSIDE the map update.
You can see the version at the top (SW) and the data version in the middle (NT)
I'd probably point this out to consumer affairs/ACCC and snapshot the website and get a view on this - i think this isnt quite bait and switch but you can't call something new when its not, though the way its word it is newer (just not 2017 new) :( Either way its misleading and should be rectified - first real evidence I've seen.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
In separate news - thanks to all you wonderful people and the professional counseling service of Tazzl - after 4 months i had a day off and the local HSV dealer kindly re-attempted to reinstall the mylink software and the maps. I am now updated (fixed), newer (but older) maps PLUS my 2014 VF Clubby has its reverse camera gridlines. Files attached FYI and its all working a treat (ps no POI camera) - Tazzl magic im sure will help that out.

In saying all this with Pandora now leaving our shores I suspect there will be a new Mylink update again, but for now, i've just altered the home page and the items have stuck.

Attachments

• 20170707_144557.jpg
    20170707_144557.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 20170707_144611.jpg
    20170707_144611.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 20170707_144855.jpg
    20170707_144855.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 20170707_155138.jpg
    20170707_155138.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 276

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Mines got to go back AGAIN!

Crashing has got worse since they supposedly replaced the MyLink, and bluetooth performance is just as bad if not worse.
Even though the phone indicates it is connected, and the USB drive starts playing music, it takes AGES, (well over 10 minutes), until the phone book loads and the music stops indexing so that MyLink can actually do anything.

(I'll post some pictures of the software versions and videos of freezing and crashing later as the files are quite large).

I'm not convinced they actually replaced the hardware as some of my memory settings were still there
My uneducated guess is that MyLink is just so low on processing power and memory capacity that it just can't cope with any multi-tasking at all while there are background tasks, (such as indexing songs or loading phone books), going on.

I wonder if the processor and RAM can be upgraded??? Although it might be cheaper and easier to replace the lot, the integration with vehicle systems and EDI is nice to have when it works.

Reminds me of very very early Win CE based phones...

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
As a result of my post where I said my SatNav had crapped itself (see pics on post #292, page 15), Holden service had my car today.
They said there is a new MyLink software update available now, which they had installed.
They also said there must have been several people complaining about things because I had the (then latest) update installed in May.
So they said to see how the latest software goes.

However! On looking at the 'new' software, I see that it is exactly the same as my May update!
So either they (or Holden) are trying to pull a swifty, or they have inadvertently installed the same one again.

Guess who I'll be phoning tomorrow...

So I spoke to the service manager, who wasn't convinced until he looked up my car's service history on their computer. He said that it is the same but he doesn't know how it was possible because if they try to load the same software MyLink doesn't allow it and presents a message to that effect, but he assures me that his guys did load it! Maybe the software had lost the plot and became corrupted somehow and that's how they were able to reload it. He did say that the HVAC software had been updated though; that doesn't show up in the radio settings - TazzI no doubt knows more about that side of things...
So now it's a case of being a beta tester once more I suppose and I'll wait until it craps itself again.

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
Finally got around to getting the maps updated last week - free courtesy of Holden Customer Care. Map update worked fine but the dealer was also going to update the MyLink software so I would have the speed camera locations. The tech downloaded the update file onto a USB stick, put the stick into the socket in the console, went into the Update Radio Software setting. MyLink read the file then asked to enter a button sequence (Seek Up, Seek Down, Seek Up, Seek Up, Seek Down, Seek Down). After trying several times to enter this sequence, MyLink wouldn't recognise the inputs and so couldn't complete the update. Tech suggested it may have been a corrupt file but they downloaded it twice.
Anyone else seen this and how to overcome it??

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Since my last post my satnav has again resorted to randomly populating the map with ALL the available POI's, and it's a PITA because it clutters up the map. I can set them to off in the menu but they come back again fairly quickly. Resetting the radio makes them makes them go away for a longer period but they do come back again and of course I then have to go through all my settings, which is an even bigger PITA.
Coupled with that I still have the problem of the display being very jerky when driving off after being parked, it seems that the hardware is having a problem locking onto satellites. It's OK after about half a kilometre but I wouldn't want to be in Sydney with it like that and relying on it to be accurate!
I discovered that if you go into the MyLink second home page there is a button (which for the life of me I cannot recall the name of) that if selected will show the number of satellites in use/locked onto.
Driving home last night it was 9. What is the average number of satellites that other people get?
9 seems a low number to me, my old Android smartphone used to show well over that I think. I now have an iPhone 7 and cannot find an app to display how many satellites that can 'see' - anyone got one?

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Option 1 and 2 are done by Holden, but I can do them too along with other custom changes that Holden can't.
Option 3 (Maps) is a go to Holden only kinda deal.

Hi Jason,
I'm keen to get the updates done to my 12/2013 MyLink, can you please PM me details on prices and options?
I'm in Perth.
Thanks

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
im happy with my setup, but would like the speed camera pois

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I have been in and out of Hospital the last 5 months and I have done nothing about getting the Mylink and Map update done so what has happen with this in the last 5 months. Has any thing changed
Are these the latest Maps 84019565 Version 30.11.0F.11
Are the MY link update or Radio Update still IP32
Thanks