Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Thats my opinion on it too. Does anyone know what issues the latest mylink firmware (IP32) fixes?
I took at photo of Mylink before I got the car done. Still have not checked what they have added. will let you know when I get the car back for oil leak problem.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
My son's 2015 Mazda3 has spoken alerts for speed cameras and school zones, and they are regularly updated (for free) which are much more effective and user friendly.

This is a bad for Holden not having current maps. You should go to Holden Web site, enter your vin and download then and put them on a USB and do it your self

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
My Holden dealer has told me there isnt any map updates for my car even though its an MY16

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
My Holden dealer has told me there isnt any map updates for my car even though its an MY16
They are wrong. A map update came out earlier this year. My MY16 has been updated with both the map updates and the firmware update (the latter activated the Camera POI which were previously missing).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Weren't the maps released in 2017 this year as an 'update' already present in cars from late 2016 onwards, though?
ie. mightn't dans_vz's car already have that?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry for the late reply as we are very busy ATM. Storms created havoc Electrically wise for us
They have added the latest Radio Software, Added the latest Maps and NOTHING for the POI for Schools and railway Crossings.
I went around the corner and stopped the car and had a look at MyLink and could not find Nothing!!!! I noted before where the path where it should be but I found NOTHING!!

I restarted the car and went back to the Holden Dealer and showed the Receipt that said that update radio and Maps with the Schools on it requested by the owner.
Yes it said this on the receipt but nothing like this is on the car.

For Mr Tazzi just in case if he did not get to read it

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Went to the dealer to book the 15,000 km schedule service today, asked them to update the My Link Map as it doesn't show a major parkway which was completed back in April 2016 (18 months ago). The service manager said that the "new" version still doesn't have the road in it and there will be a charge to update the My Link system. Told him not to bother. Came home to write to Holden Customer Care and ask them when the map will have the "new" road included and why there is a charge for the update. I shall wait for their reply.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Went to the dealer to book the 15,000 km schedule service today, asked them to update the My Link Map as it doesn't show a major parkway which was completed back in April 2016 (18 months ago). The service manager said that the "new" version still doesn't have the road in it and there will be a charge to update the My Link system. Told him not to bother. Came home to write to Holden Customer Care and ask them when the map will have the "new" road included and why there is a charge for the update. I shall wait for their reply.
The most recent update only updates maps to 2015....

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Weren't the maps released in 2017 this year as an 'update' already present in cars from late 2016 onwards, though?
ie. mightn't dans_vz's car already have that?
I double checked my car late last night, it has the map number starting with 2 something (cant remember the part number now, I know the new one starts with 8)

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
The most recent update only updates maps to 2015....
Unbelievable. Guess Holden isn't in any hurry as Mylink is on the way out and Holden doesn't make money on after sales services . Will they tell the buyers of 2017 Commodores "by the way, the SatNav's map is 2015 version"?