Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Unbelievable. Guess Holden isn't in any hurry as Mylink is on the way out and Holden doesn't make money on after sales services . Will they tell the buyers of 2017 Commodores "by the way, the SatNav's map is 2015 version"?
Oh I think they'll be very, very quiet about it ...

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Don't forget, if you get the map update and want the Camera POI, you also have to request a firmware update.
The firmware update is free. The map update you pay for.
The Camera POI will NOT appear if you only get the map update.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Thanks "Adza75", the camera works all right on my 2016 ute, just the map doesn't have "Majura Parkway" which was opened in April 2016. In fact, most of the new suburbs aren't even on the 2017 version of Google Map, probably takes a few years for the map to be updated.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Okay. So just had my firmware updated.

Dealer didnt think there was new maps but gave them the part number and version number of latest maps and mentioned it isn't online its a usb install and they found it. So if anyone has issues try mentioning that.

In my case the dealer I go to is a small country one so I would assume that im the first VF map update that they are going to do and thats why they didnt know about it. I think Holden head office or whoever needs better communication with dealers to explain this stuff so we aren't having to do it for them.

They have ordered the map for me takes a couple of days but Im not in a big hurry. With the firmware updated (Ive got MY16) I now have camera alerts on the older version of the maps, so they are there but just hidden until its programmed in to display/alert them.
If you have no need for newer maps in your MY16 then just get the firmware updated to get the camera pois and alerts. Don't need the latest maps to display them unless the camera location is newer than the map obviously. Just a FYI for everyone.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I dont rely much on sat nav in the car. Most of the time I use google maps on my phone. Definitely more up to date...

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks "Adza75", the camera works all right on my 2016 ute, just the map doesn't have "Majura Parkway" which was opened in April 2016. In fact, most of the new suburbs aren't even on the 2017 version of Google Map, probably takes a few years for the map to be updated.

I live in a new area, streets around me aren't in google maps but where built in 2015. My street is in there but I submitted it into google. Also Holden uses HERE maps which they have told me takes 12 months to compile (who knows why, probably cheaper for them) and you can submit corrections to HERE maps too which should eventually end up in the later versions of the maps.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont rely much on sat nav in the car. Most of the time I use google maps on my phone. Definitely more up to date...
Whereis maps Ive found to be most up to date. As I can end up doing deliveries into new housing estates and they seem to always have the streets in there way before anyone else.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't forget, if you get the map update and want the Camera POI, you also have to request a firmware update.
Holden CC said I would have to pay for the update, but I ended up getting it free at the dealer.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

How much are the dealers charging for the map update?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Holden CC said I would have to pay for the update, but I ended up getting it free at the dealer.

Is there any reason why they gave it to you for free when map updates are something that almost all dealers regardless of the vehicle manufacturer charges for?

Is there a secret password we need to know when requesting the update.