Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Is there any reason why they gave it to you for free when map updates are something that almost all dealers regardless of the vehicle manufacturer charges for?

Is there a secret password we need to know when requesting the update.

Talking about the firmware update.

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
How does one check to see if they have the latest firmware & software update?

Is there a part number of sorts I can confirm with the dealer?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Got a reply from Holden Customer Care saying there is a new update came out early this year should have the "missing" parkway in it. I don't use Sat Nav much, so I will probably wait for the next new version, I will ask my dealer how much they charge for the map update next week when I take my ute in for the service.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
How does one check to see if they have the latest firmware & software update?

Is there a part number of sorts I can confirm with the dealer?
You can check it yourself, I can't remember what you go into now, but it has been mentioned either in this thread or another satnav thread.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Got a reply from Holden Customer Care saying there is a new update came out early this year should have the "missing" parkway in it. I don't use Sat Nav much, so I will probably wait for the next new version, I will ask my dealer how much they charge for the map update next week when I take my ute in for the service.

I'm like you I rarely use SatNav but I had my Ute in for its service yesterday and decided to get the updated and out of the way.

As others have said the Firmware update cost nothing.

I was charged $147.33 ($162.06 including GST) for the SatNav update and it is shown on the invoice as code:

Map Updates GM84019565 DISC-NAVN DATA

One thing I did notice on my invoice is that I now have more tread on my front and rear tyres than I did at the last service so if that trend continues I may never need to purchase tyres again.

Last edited:

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Don't forget, if you get the map update and want the Camera POI, you also have to request a firmware update.
The firmware update is free. The map update you pay for.
The Camera POI will NOT appear if you only get the map update.

I was told i had the latest firmware update yet cannot see the camera POI?!?
I requested an updated maps to as mine still shows the Southern Expressway here in Adelaide going one way...hasn't been that way for years!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
killabob, do you have the VF SV6 noted in your Members Ride?
Holden claim the camera POI functionality can't be installed in cars built before either MY2016 or the start of 2016 (can't recall which right now), so if you've got a VF it won't have this functionality by any official Holden update.

Of course this is actually a big fat lie, as people have done it (*waves to Tazzi*), but it's not as simple as just plugging a USB stick in because Holden didn't ever do whatever they need to do for that functionality to work.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
One thing I did notice on my invoice is that I now have more tread on my front and rear tyres than I did at the last service so if that trend continues I may never need to purchase tyres again.
Hahaha, Wish my tyres grew tread!

killabob, do you have the VF SV6 noted in your Members Ride?
Holden claim the camera POI functionality can't be installed in cars built before either MY2016 or the start of 2016 (can't recall which right now), so if you've got a VF it won't have this functionality by any official Holden update.

Of course this is actually a big fat lie, as people have done it (sorry I've forgotten the username of the guy on here who can do this as a service), but it's not as simple as just plugging a USB stick in because Holden didn't ever do whatever they need to do for that functionality to work.
Sounds like your referring to me :)

It can happily be enabled in the headunits. Its the actual configuration update which needs to be changed, not the USB update. The config update are much smaller files which affect things like settings, applications, options ect.