Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Got a reply from Holden Customer Care saying there is a new update came out early this year should have the "missing" parkway in it. I don't use Sat Nav much, so I will probably wait for the next new version, I will ask my dealer how much they charge for the map update next week when I take my ute in for the service.
I seem to live near you... I have the "latest" maps and no Majura Parkway...

Attachments

• 20171005_181403a.jpg
    20171005_181403a.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 305

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Holden CC said I would have to pay for the update, but I ended up getting it free at the dealer.

Probably because it is supposed to be free. At least while your car is under warranty. Not sure what happens outside that period.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Probably because it is supposed to be free. At least while your car is under warranty. Not sure what happens outside that period.
Pretty sure then it depends on the dealer then, but at a guess about an hours labour. Think I was just given wrong info at Holden CC.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I seem to live near you... I have the "latest" maps and no Majura Parkway...
The service manager at Commonwealth Holden said the same, no "Majura Parkway" in the latest update. I printed out the email from Holden Customer Care saying it "should have" and I will show it to the dealer workshop next week. Let them sort it out before I pay for any update.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The service manager at Commonwealth Holden said the same, no "Majura Parkway" in the latest update. I printed out the email from Holden Customer Care saying it "should have" and I will show it to the dealer workshop next week. Let them sort it out before I pay for any update.
Unfortunately there's nothing to sort out :( Holden have maps that are at least two years old even when they release them. Parkway was only opened last year... so it's not on there. Hopefully the next update (if there ever is one) will have it on... probably worth just waiting.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've just had mine updated because I wanted to get in before Holden loses interest.

Before SATNAV I'd be lucky to update my UBD or Gregory's once every 10 or 15 years.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hahaha, Wish my tyres grew tread!

Sounds like your referring to me :)

It can happily be enabled in the headunits. Its the actual configuration update which needs to be changed, not the USB update. The config update are much smaller files which affect things like settings, applications, options ect.
Holden C C said I can have POI schools, crossings and cameras in my MY15 as its classified as a 2016 car and because of this rubbish I am getting my money back from Holden, it seems to be that Holden was wrong. My car is MY15 and not 2016. Its not a case that this cannot be done, its a case that they don't want to do it and because of this, I will possibly be selling the car. Yep Holden customer customer care email said I was entitled to it, the receipt from the Holden Dealer said clearly that the customer requires POI's, schools, crossings and cameras, yet nothing was done. I haven't even checked to see that they have replaced the radio firmware and I will do this in the next few days as I am very busy at the moment.

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
killabob, do you have the VF SV6 noted in your Members Ride?
Holden claim the camera POI functionality can't be installed in cars built before either MY2016 or the start of 2016 (can't recall which right now), so if you've got a VF it won't have this functionality by any official Holden update.

Of course this is actually a big fat lie, as people have done it (*waves to Tazzi*), but it's not as simple as just plugging a USB stick in because Holden didn't ever do whatever they need to do for that functionality to work.

Did you add it for me? I see it there now.

So what is the manner in which to achieve it? :)

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

It can happily be enabled in the headunits. Its the actual configuration update which needs to be changed, not the USB update. The config update are much smaller files which affect things like settings, applications, options ect.

killabob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6

Where do i find this please? :)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I finally just checked to see if the Map Update we done on our SV6 My15 last fortnight (busy doing other things)and I found in my Mylink Radio settings 84019565 Version 30.11.0F.11.
Now that's for the maps but how can I check if they changed the MYLink firmware itself which is IP32 which Holden CC said. Maybe the Holden Dealer didn't want to add this like Holden CC said as i might give me the Schools Railway Crossing and Cameras on a 2015 car.