Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't think it's a case of a dealer deciding whether or not to apply a change which will allow the speed-camera POI's, I think it's more a case of the dealer not being able to apply a change which will allow the speed-camera POI's. Not with the hardware & updates available to them.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I don't think it's a case of a dealer deciding whether or not to apply a change which will allow the speed-camera POI's, I think it's more a case of the dealer not being able to apply a change which will allow the speed-camera POI's. Not with the hardware & updates available to them.
But the Big but is Just say that this Mylink IP32 fell of the truck and got installed on a My13 or 14 or 15 Car with the latest Maps Do you think you will have the schools, Crossing, and camera PIO's. If not there must be something blocking this update for earlier cars.
Might have to get Tazzi to explain this

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
He's explained it before, but I don't recall the terminology ... he said something about some configuration files, which don't get changed during the update, having the settings for the camera POI enablement in the newer build cars.
It sounded to me like he had to hack into it, and edit those files in a way dealers don't really have the ability/expertise to do.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
He's explained it before, but I don't recall the terminology ... he said something about some configuration files, which don't get changed during the update, having the settings for the camera POI enablement in the newer build cars.
It sounded to me like he had to hack into it, and edit those files in a way dealers don't really have the ability/expertise to do.

I might contact Tazzi again to clarify this one more time and maybe the last time.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah sounds like a plan.
Just so you're aware, he needs to be able to plug something into the box to be able to do anything with it, and pretty sure he's in Melbourne. People interstate have pulled their MyLink out & mailed it to him.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
It is a big ripoff holden charging for map updates. Hyundai and Manda etc do free updates at the service intervals.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
But the Big but is Just say that this Mylink IP32 fell of the truck and got installed on a My13 or 14 or 15 Car with the latest Maps Do you think you will have the schools, Crossing, and camera PIO's. If not there must be something blocking this update for earlier cars.
Might have to get Tazzi to explain this
Ah yes, I see what your saying here.
Essentially what you are getting at, is what happens if you put a 2016/17 Mylink into your 2013/14/15 vehicle? Basically, you lose the CD (Meh.. I wouldnt care) but you can get the latest navigation POI added.. and even Holden would be able to do the update.

The problem with the 2013/14/15 Mylinks, is Holdens online updates simply do not have the "POI" set to on. Think of it like a light switch (Literally), its set to off in all mylinks below 2016. Whereas the 2016/17 has this set to on after updating.

Spot on Forg. Calibration files.

Hack is a strong word (As much as I like it :)), but essentially yes, have to reverse engineer and apply custom updates to the mylink. All of it is conducted through the same diagnostic port as the dealers use. Only difference is I have full control over what can be changed.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah yes, I see what your saying here.
Essentially what you are getting at, is what happens if you put a 2016/17 Mylink into your 2013/14/15 vehicle? Basically, you lose the CD (Meh.. I wouldnt care) but you can get the latest navigation POI added.. and even Holden would be able to do the update.

The problem with the 2013/14/15 Mylinks, is Holdens online updates simply do not have the "POI" set to on. Think of it like a light switch (Literally), its set to off in all mylinks below 2016. Whereas the 2016/17 has this set to on after updating.

Spot on Forg. Calibration files.

Hack is a strong word (As much as I like it :)), but essentially yes, have to reverse engineer and apply custom updates to the mylink. All of it is conducted through the same diagnostic port as the dealers use. Only difference is I have full control over what can be changed.

So in simple If you buy a MYlink from a 2016/2017 car and you lose the CD Player because the newer cars don't have it (don't give a Rats Ar?? if I lose it) and get the new Mylink fitted, Holden will be able to update the MYlink firmware and i will get the PIO's going (Schools, Cameras and other)

stucatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm
Hi,

I haven't posted in a while but I thought that I might add something. I got my car serviced a few months ago and supposedly got the lasted maps. I drove up to Byron Bay from Sydney last week. All good until you get to the mid north coast but then it's really obvious that the map is still seriously out of date. You're driving along the road and your satnav icon is going through fields and vacant spaces. It would have been funny if it didn't **** me severely.

There has to be a cheap and simple way that we can just update the damn thing ourselves or change the map app.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not for Holden. They want to charge you $$$$ for something that you can do it yourself. Yes whilst I was at Holden getting the maps updated there was a guy there that had a 2017 Redline and he was complaining that his house where he lived for 2 years was not not found on Mylink Nav so work this out.