Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
After I went for a drive with My Neighbour NEW beautiful Shiny 2017 Calais to Morayfield the car Failed to detect a combination Speed and Redlight camera, It fail to know the Speed changed that were done 3 years ago for one, 6 months on Oakey flat road for the second yet my Garmin had All changed done.
Its sad when as aftermarket job can out preform 1000% better. Now my Neighbour want my Garmin in his car.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...I have just got my car back from the local dealer after I requested the latest (Feb this year) map update that I read about on this forum. I took pics of the update they just did and have just compared them with the pics I took when they last updated them in Dec 2017. They are exactly the same! What the &*^%?
I'll be contacting tham ASAP to ask what the ??? is going on!
However - before I do that, here are the software levels now, can someone tell me if they are in fact the Feb update? ...
@PaRaDoX posted pics of his updated MyLink at post 452. The map version is the 3rd last entry on the software information screen.

Sadly, you have the same maps version as my October 2017 built MSE, so the dealer either forgot to update, couldn't be bothered to update, or told you porky pies.

Your current installed old map version is: 84019565 Version 30.11.0F.11
The latest Feb 2018 available map version is: 84160883 Version 30.12.10.11 (as ParaDox had installed and i'll get done for free soon)

I noticed you also have a blue background which indicates you do not have the SS?/SSV/Redline as they have a red background, but there are other bits that seem outdated. So i'd think the Dealer needs to do a general MyLink update and not just map update.

If they billed you for the map update, i'd be asking for the next service to be at their cost as they have waisted your time. You now need to go back to the Dleaer again to have done what should have been done the first time around. And you have to hang around while they do it. Heck, even if this was a freeebie, i'd still want them to throw in a free next service as compensation to you / punishment for them being idiots/fibbers.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I noticed you also have a blue background which indicates you do not have the SS?/SSV/Redline as they have a red background, but there are other bits that seem outdated. So i'd think the Dealer needs to do a general MyLink update and not just map update.

Calais V has the blue background.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
...Its sad when as aftermarket job can out preform 1000% better. Now my Neighbour want my Garmin in his car.
Not at all surprised that aftermarket is much better. Navman portable GPS unit on the other hand is a P.O.S but is still much better that MyLink.

No doubt Holden, like any other manufacturer, could have kept things much more open so you can cheaply and easily install an aftermarket sound system that integrates with the vehicle system. But it was a purposful choise to close it up and charge for sh!t factory systems, pushing people to higher spec modles. The final Screwu being that they then charge for maps that are already a year or two out of date...

In part, thats why i wanted Android Auto / Apple Car Play, so i'd be abstracted from such crap and could simply use my phone.

Holden incompetance, or inventory cleanout ment they couldn't manage a MyLink update on their last home grown $70K vehicle (so it is AA/ACP feture comparable with a $13K runabout).

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
If and when some one can change icons and settings on these units and it’s resonable $ they shall be knocked over by just about every one in Aus to get rid of the out dated rubbish they sold us.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I doubt anyone much cares about outdated icons; look at most people’s work PC desktops, littered with unused icons. Look at the interior of most people’s cars, all sorts of junk stashed in every nook that’ll hold junk.

Extra apps or functions are a different thing ... but suspect the hardware can’t do what would be best, which is to use an Apple or Android interface to properly talk to a ‘phone.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Thanks for the pics and details. After scouring the Internet for a workable and affordable solution and looking at what you tried, I've come to the conclusion that I'm stuck with what I've got and I'll just go back to sticking my TomTom on the windscreen or using my iPhone with TomTom or Sygic software - all of which are excellent with totally up to date maps at all times. Even Google maps or the iPhone Apple map are way better than the MyLink rubbish.
I have just got my car back from the local dealer after I requested the latest (Feb this year) map update that I read about on this forum.
I took pics of the update they just did and have just compared them with the pics I took when they last updated them in Dec 2017. They are exactly the same! What the &*^%?
I'll be contacting tham ASAP to ask what the ??? is going on!
However - before I do that, here are the software levels now, can someone tell me if they are in fact the Feb update? Maybe I got a pre-production update in December?

View attachment 198514
View attachment 198515

Yours are different to mine that was updated last week, I posted pics a few posts back. I believe it is the third from the bottom, but could be wrong.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
So I had a 'goodwill' update of satnav maps in Jan this year with what I assume would of been same maps in MY17 (mines MY16). Of course still really outdated and Holden wont update again for free, any one know if this latest update is worth the $?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I had a 'goodwill' update of satnav maps in Jan this year with what I assume would of been same maps in MY17 (mines MY16). Of course still really outdated and Holden wont update again for free, any one know if this latest update is worth the $?
Ring Customer Care and ask them what sort of two bit outfit they are running by providing a goodwill map update to some outdated version that was meant to be replaced in Jan 2018 but was delayed to mid Feb 2018.

This should have been communicated to you where you could have waited a month and a half to get the latest maps.

Ask for new maps again, as you shouldn't have got update to old maps.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I actually did mention all this but got the typical BS response from Holden customer care. Im honestly done with Holden. I love the VF and will keep it a long time but I wont buy another new Holden again. Don't honestly think they will be around in 10 years or so anyway. Unless something dramatic changes. Customer service and after sales is terrible. Only ever owned Holdens so I dunno what the other brands are like