Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I'd be into badgering Holden but i doubt they care at all as i suspect Holden is in a holding pattern until they close shop.

As for HCC, i've had them make statements then refuse to stand by them even though their own statements were written down on their system. And Holdens executive director of customer experiance didn't even bother to reply to an email i sent him which in my view is very telling of their view towards their customers. The whole of HCC is built on silos to stop one getting to the decission makers and is teh mark of a poor service oriented company.

Best approach is to write off Mylink and use your phone as it's likley time to move on.
John Cadogan also thinks it's time to move on in 2019 from Holden, they are the No 1 Lemon car for 2019 , fast forward to 14:23

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
John Cadogan also thinks it's time to move on in 2019 from Holden

Yeah but john also thinks the colorado engine using over 2 liters of oil every 10,000km is a fuel economy measure.
Even knowing its only like 1 in 10 engines doing it and the other engines that dont use oil have the same economy.

While johns videos are ok dont put too much faith into what he says because most of it is his personal opinion which he does state alot.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Yeah but john also thinks the colorado engine using over 2 liters of oil every 10,000km is a fuel economy measure.
Even knowing its only like 1 in 10 engines doing it and the other engines that dont use oil have the same economy.

While johns videos are ok dont put too much faith into what he says because most of it is his personal opinion which he does state alot.

But I wonder how many of the "new" Commodores they are going to sell to punters, knowing what they didn't do with the rescue package and our taxpayer (ours) money ???

And I can vouch for their crap service both at Dealer level and with the Customer Care Team in Melbourne. Nothing less than atrocious. I have had to fight them tooth and nail to get things done. Never again.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
But I wonder how many of the "new" Commodores they are going to sell to punters, knowing what they didn't do with the rescue package and our taxpayer (ours) money ???

And I can vouch for their crap service both at Dealer level and with the Customer Care Team in Melbourne. Nothing less than atrocious. I have had to fight them tooth and nail to get things done. Never again.

Yeah i know i wasnt disputing the fact that holden is a crap company these days i was just saying johns opinions are his personal ones.

I know about holdens crappy service im on groups for the colorado issues and while my engine was changed straight away because my local dealer is awesome most of the people in these groups are treated like crap and made to run though multiple oil consumption tests that come back over 2liters per 10,000km only to be told thats normal while the colorado next to it uses 200ml per 10,000.
Lets not forget the threats from dealers because customers keep comming back wanting a proper fix and all that crap with ken and wendy and the tait motor group.

Its not just holden, ford does it too and look at toyota and the hilux dpf crap and charging $14,000 to replace a part thats less than 2k.
They are all taking advantage of our weak government and its not going to stop because people keep buying their crap cars.

People still identify as a ford or holden person and think they are idiots honestly because these companies just shafted the australian people and they choose to ignore that.
I honestly dont think i would ever buy a new holden again.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
John Cadogan also thinks it's time to move on in 2019 from Holden, they are the No 1 Lemon car for 2019 , fast forward to 14:23

He is so full of it! Where does he get his facts from? Didn't GM sell a lot of land around the time the money went back overseas? The problem is people believe what this guy says out his mouth!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Love or hate him, agree or disagree with John C, he seems to get traffic to his videos and likely makes a few $$ from it

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
He is so full of it! Where does he get his facts from? Didn't GM sell a lot of land around the time the money went back overseas? The problem is people believe what this guy says out his mouth!
Nah, people only watch that stuff because they want to be outraged at stupid crap.

Very few people give two poops about the fact that every car manufacturer in every country around the world takes money from the local government, when considering spending $40k+ of their hard-earned.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Not this clown again....

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I know there is a lot of chat around changing the whole mylink system over to something else. Anyway I skipped the last map upgrade back in March 2018 (or whenever it was released) and my car is due for it's next service. I just enquired with Holden and they said they next map upgrade for the VF is due around March 2019.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I know there is a lot of chat around changing the whole mylink system over to something else. Anyway I skipped the last map upgrade back in March 2018 (or whenever it was released) and my car is due for it's next service. I just enquired with Holden and they said they next map upgrade for the VF is due around March 2019.
I might pay for that when I get the steering recall done, that way the dealer's at least making some money outta me & hopefully that'll make them less unkeen to see me. :)