Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF sedan factory boot lid lip spoiler hole template?

M

mwb235

I want to fit one of these factory lip spoilers to my VF. Is there such a thing as a template for the 7 screw holes that attach it to the boot lid? Or are there pre-marked indents on the inside of boot lid (I can’t find them)?
A84DEFF4-0D14-4121-9B74-FDF5C89AE7D6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I want to fit one of these factory lip spoilers to my VF. Is there such a thing as a template for the 7 screw holes that attach it to the boot lid? Or are there pre-marked indents on the inside of boot lid (I can’t find them)?
View attachment 201387
Not that I'm aware of.
Do you have any spoiler ATM?

M

mwb235

Not that I'm aware of.
Do you have any spoiler ATM?

No. I want to fit one of the lip spoilers shown in that picture. I’ve got two options as I see it - buy a boot lid from a wreckers etc that has a lip already then have it repainted to my colour, or just buy the lip spoiler and fit it to my existing boot lid. The latter will be much cheaper but means drilling the holes. I’m not at all keen on just sticking it on with urethane. If I’m gonna do this I want to do it properly.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You don't need to drill holes. I would NEVER drill holes in a car.
Use SIKAFLEX to attach it to the boot lid.
I added the VE G8 boot lid spoiler much like yours for your VF to my VE in 2009 using SIKAFLEX and it's never moved.
Clean boot lid with PREPSOL, clean spoiler with PREPSOL. Wipe off with a clean cloth.
Run a bead of SIKAFLEX onto underneath of spoiler holding it upside down, where it touches the boot lid.
Use two people to place it very carefully into position.......You might do as I did and make a couple of lead pencil marks to be sure it correct.
Hold it down then tape it down with masking tape and leave it for 24 hours or more.

All too easy and quick with no holes drilled that will go rusty in time and look very ugly.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Just took a pic of mine for you.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 402
M

mwb235

Thanks everyone for the info. I’ve just managed to find a damaged bootlid cheap with the spoiler holes. I knew that’d happen as soon as I started a thread! :D

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
when I put one on a evoke I just made a paper template using the spoiler, cutting out the holes and the shape of the bottom of the spoiler etc.
I then just taped it to the boot drilled holes and it worked perfectly.
the boot is aluminium so it wont rust and if drilling holes you don't want to push down hard with the drill as it might warp/dent.

M

mwb235

Fook. Why didn’t I think of that!

Thanks for the info about drilling the aluminium - I’ll make sure I’m careful and don’t press hard etc.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
No. I want to fit one of the lip spoilers shown in that picture. I’ve got two options as I see it - buy a boot lid from a wreckers etc that has a lip already then have it repainted to my colour, or just buy the lip spoiler and fit it to my existing boot lid. The latter will be much cheaper but means drilling the holes. I’m not at all keen on just sticking it on with urethane. If I’m gonna do this I want to do it properly.
Yeah ok.
I'm with Gossie. No drilling. Either buy a boot with spoiler, or stick it on with similar. If doable on the VF spoiler? I say this because the aluminium boot lid on the VF May not lend itself to the silastic option?
Personally, I'd buy another boot lid.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I'd use 3m car tape and some sort of adhesive product like sikaflex polyurethane.