Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 1 Bonnet Scoops

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
@Mattricho I knew I'd get a bite :p No V8 ,you wouldn't have that issue though , but on a side note , did you know originally Perfect Blue was once known as Brock Blue , I painted a HK panel van in it once upon a time then they must'a changed it to Perfect Blue after Peter Perfect as he was once known

EDIT: I forgot to say , other threads estimate 3 to $400 for a bonnet respray

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks mate. I just worked that out myself a couple of months ago. Peter was PERFECT!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
did you know originally Perfect Blue was once known as Brock Blue

VK Blue Meanie was Formula Blue (1B123).....different colour to Perfect Blue (824T).

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
VK Blue Meanie was Formula Blue (1B123).....different colour to Perfect Blue (824T).
Hi , ye I'm sure they woulda spruked it up a little , I new it as Brock Blue but it probably had a few incarnations , the green on my car is Synergy but is also known as Dragon Green and VE Atomic Green , it has slight differences but in essence is the same colour
VK-Commodore-SS-Brock-nw[1].jpg

th[6].jpg
thAOZGAYIX.jpg

EDIT: I may be wrong about it's original name , and as I said I knew it as Brock blue and there is an obvious connection between the naming from his nick name " Peter Perfect "

Last edited:

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Thanks mate. I am going to replace the bonnet with a vented one get it sprayed and then on sell the old. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Mick HHH

Sorry mate, just wondering if you went ahead with this. And in the end how much did it cost. Where did you buy the new vented bonnet, what sort of cost was it, and was it finished or did you need to get it painted. Thanks.