Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF series 1 Fog Lights

DanDan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Friends,

I changed my front bar recently and the new bar has fog lights, I thought that the wiring from the bar can plug into the cars loom and give the ability to switch them on (somehow never really studied the switches)

I can see the fog light symbol on the headlight switch after "AUTO"...
but it's spring loaded and bounces back... can't seem to turn them on...

Any ideas?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Go out front and give them a tickle and see if that turns them on, I'm not good with cars but it used to work with my wife.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Friends,

I changed my front bar recently and the new bar has fog lights, I thought that the wiring from the bar can plug into the cars loom and give the ability to switch them on (somehow never really studied the switches)

I can see the fog light symbol on the headlight switch after "AUTO"...
but it's spring loaded and bounces back... can't seem to turn them on...

Any ideas?

If your vehicle did not come from the factory with fog lights then your switch will not have the fog function.
A switch with the fog light function has a button in the center of the large dial.

You will also be missing the required electrical components for the fogs in the fusebox and the functionality will not be enabled in the bcm.

Its not just a simple plug and play process.

DanDan1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
If your vehicle did not come from the factory with fog lights then your switch will not have the fog function.
A switch with the fog light function has a button in the center of the large dial.

You will also be missing the required electrical components for the fogs in the fusebox and the functionality will not be enabled in the bcm.

Its not just a simple plug and play process.
Ahh was hoping it wouldn't be that difficult. Thank you!!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah I suspect the icon on the lights switch which appears to be “fogs” may not be.

If there’s room for a completely standalone switch to be installed (is there a blank where stuff like the HUD adjustment control isn’t there?) you may be better running a new wire all the way to a relay to switch ‘em on.