Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF series 1 SV6 front wants to be updated to VF series 2 SSV Redline front

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi all

I have a VF series 1 SV6 ute as a daily driver. I like the look of the VF series 2 front end and would like to have the new front bar, grill and everything required to make my front end identical to a series 2 VF SSV Redline without the ls3 badge of course. If the side skirts are different I will also update these as well. Does Holden have to reprogram anything to get the spotlights working considering i didn't have any as standard and is the wiring in my car to cater for these?, also would the serious 2 led's use the same plug as series 1 or are they the same led lights and just swap them from bar to bar?

Does anyone know who would be a good place to use in Victoria to do this? Someone that has the knowledge to work out exactly what needs to be ordered, paint and install the whole lot onto my car and do an excellent job?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hope you have deep pockets because it's not going to be cheap...

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
Should be a very simple swap. No fog lights on series II. DRL likely the same plug, chances are they're just using SI SV6/SS loom given SII doesn't have fogs, no need to change it so I'd be surprised if they did. Side skirts are the same (not hard to see from photos). Might also need wheel arch lining, given the bar vents through.

DRLs are expensive. Better to wait till next year when people start wrecking them, you'll cry once you see what the parts start selling for vs what you paid at Holden parts. Re fitting, if you can't do this kind of stuff yourself (it's super simple) someone is probably going to see you coming a mile away.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Better to wait till next year when people start wrecking them, you'll cry once you see what the parts start selling for vs what you paid at Holden parts.
*mutters something about VF2 wagon taillights*

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hi

Thanks for the replies so far. In regards to the side skirts yes they look very similar if not the same to me. But I have an email from Holden noting the differences between series 1 SV6 and series 2 SV6 and it says the side skirts are going to be different.

In regards to the spotlights addition, I was perhaps dreaming that the SSV Redline front bar had spotlights as an option and changing the bar would mean a good time to attend to that.

I hadn't thought about the wheel arch lining to be honest, that is something I will need to consider.

I wonder if the DRL's from the series 1 will fit in the series 2 front bar?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Jim67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf evoke s1
Just got a s2 ssv front bumper was hoping to fit it to my s1 vf evoke any chance it will fit