Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Calais V V8 Wagon

Roger Govan-Smith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Sports-wagon Series 2 LS3 V8
I am about to purchase this modified wagon. The seller has done most of what I would have done to the vehicle if I bought a stock one. I will need to get Victorian registration. The vehicle has been lowered all around on SSL King Springs. Full stainless steel 1 7/8 extractors, twin 100 cell 3 inch high flow cats, full 3 inch mild stainless cat back with 3 inch X-Force tips. 20 inch SSW Alloy wheels with near new tires. The car is near immaculate under 50,000 Kilometers traveled. These mods are concerning me regarding Victorian road worthiness and Victorian compliance rules. Does anyone know if Vic Roads will be a problem or if a roadworthy certificate may be difficult to obtain with the modifications revealed here? Is there a way to get around the hassle of having to put standard springs and wheels back on the vehicle to meet Victorian compliance. The car has been commended by the NRMA Motor vehicle inspection report as being in great condition for it's age and mileage but have reservation regarding the modifications.
52fhpr1w8ujdh8u4oouq4987q.jpg
64w8uicbd4cxi7vcc7ki7reo1.jpg

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
If it's anything like South Australia you only need a vehicle ID check to register an interstate vehicle.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Shouldn’t be too hard to check whether it’s got the minimum 10cm ground clearance at all points underneath?
What’s the old test, whether it can drive over a Coke can on it’s side without touching it?

Exhaust may be a problem if it’s louder than stock.
Wheels should be fine so long as they’re not over 1” wider than an HSV GTS’s wheels, they look like the offset is fine so they don’t stick out past the guards.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
100 cell cats aren't legal in any state lol

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You need to make sure it will pass the "coke can" clearance test. Looking at the rear in the photo, it's probably doubtful.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The ad says that it was lowered only 1,000 kms ago.....maybe he still has the original springs so you can raise it ?

Also says it comes with the original exhaust.

Cammed only 500 kms ago. Makes one wonder why it is now for sale.

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
The ad says that it was lowered only 1,000 kms ago.....maybe he still has the original springs so you can raise it ?

Also says it comes with the original exhaust.

Cammed only 500 kms ago. Makes one wonder why it is now for sale.
plans change
kid arrived
wife left
etc

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It'll probably be too noisy unless it has bi-modals.