Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Mylink Add-ins?, Mods? or Replacement?

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by Matt SS-V, Jul 20, 2017.

1. hsvluva

hsvluva Member

Members Ride:
    VF V8 Calais
    Probably a bit harsh calling it unknown. The company has been in the US for a fair time, has rave reviews. This isnt just off the shelf. The software has been custom engineered to work with the VF, something only a $3000 Alpine can do...with less features and also no HUD integration. This has DAB+, Multiple GPS apps, Carplay (now wireless option), reverse camera integration with moving lines (I have to pay to get this added to my S1 Calais according to Holden) and the ability to install a nice app to make it look pretty good. I will await peoples reviews, but all their previous models have had 1000's of rave reviews. I have my fingers crossed. I agree it would be nice if they released the model of the head unit hey have modified, but I understand why they wouldn't as well.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Daniel Souza

Daniel Souza Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    I agree with you, it was a bit harsh of my part. I was actually very happy with the quality for the price I paid.

The Alpine model is stupidly expensive but at least the sound quality I am sure will be good. Still doesn’t justify the price. Maybe if you are listening to audio DVD recorded at 24bits /192khz
    and have the best speakers money can buy it would get close to make sense.

I just think the price of the Eonon one should be around 500 bucks. Reverse engineering the mylink and Writing the software should take one month with someone working full time. Half of the info is on the service manual. However it is understandable they will not sell that many when compared with other car specific head units they make. So they have to mark up the price a bit .

If I had a spare 1000 I would buy. But any spare change is going to the engine in my case.

hsvluva likes this.
  3. NigelinNZ

NigelinNZ New Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 VF2 Redline
    For me the MyLink is pretty much the only part of the car I don’t like. In fact I hate it.
    Bluetooth never reliably worked, so we have an iPod plugged in via USB, only using Spotify.
    Randomly it won’t recognise the iPod, so spend a few minutes reconnecting.
    That means we don’t get any of the hands free phone features from our phones.
    Maps so out of date we don’t use the navigation.

If the new unit does the following I’m 100% sold
    Reversing camera, including fast start up as we need it to back out of our garage and driveway.
    Bluetooth
    Apple CarPlay or reliable way to get Spotify to play
    Maps and navigation
    Better sound equaliser (nice to have, but this really helps in a car set up)