Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Awesome Flo Rida! Good to see you enjoying your quick n/a car. Great numbers from a non cranky daily driver. What dyno numbers are you pulling?

440 rwhp and 730nm give or take depending on all variables. But a fairly flat torque curve. It's still got another 10th or so in it also. I beat a mates fgx xr8 with 550 rwhp best he managed was 11.88 with traction issues

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
440 rwhp and 730nm give or take depending on all variables. But a fairly flat torque curve. It's still got another 10th or so in it also. I beat a mates fgx xr8 with 550 rwhp best he managed was 11.88 with traction issues
Nice. So that's say 328rwkw. It's cammed yeah? Do you recall what the standard figures were?
The chassis and superior programming no doubt help you against yourates XR8.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
That's a cool vid Flo! Great times for what it is. An 1,800 kg daily driver, with a cam and tune. The LS3 is an awesome engine hey.
Has the bottom end torque suffered with the LSA cam? It seems to bog a little off the line, i.e. the launch. May be just perception. Have you tried loading up the converter a bit?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
That's a cool vid Flo! Great times for what it is. An 1,800 kg daily driver, with a cam and tune. The LS3 is an awesome engine hey.
Has the bottom end torque suffered with the LSA cam? It seems to bog a little off the line, i.e. the launch. May be just perception. Have you tried loading up the converter a bit?

good questions Cuda

i've played around a lot with stall speed. both 11.91 & 11.95 runs were with no stall so just idling in drive then i punched it. the quickest run i had it stalled to 1000-1100rpm. any more stall revs it always runs slower times. i've done probably 35 passes in the car and it's always been the case even before the cam upgrade. no stall ( i.e. at idle rpm) launches are better than stalling past 1100rpm in my experience. The best ET of the night (11.85) was done with 1000rpm stall speed.
I think the runs filmed outside the car were with idle speed stall so probably a split second for the converter to spin up and bang it puts the power down.

shadow69

Reaction score
Members Ride
magnum on order
flo are you using a set of drag radials as your tyre warmimg would be hell on road tyres....awesome times and vid

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
flo are you using a set of drag radials as your tyre warmimg would be hell on road tyres....awesome times and vid
Hi Shadow
I changed the Achilles k sports (25.4 inch dia) for some hoosier dot radials and these performed very well. Although the 26inch diameter of the hoosiers changed my final drive ratio from 3:41 to 3.34 and i have since had a stall converter fitted i managed consistent 11.67's.