Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Thanks got the info gents. I don't like my chances with my 282 rwkw vs 360! Even with a cam upgrade apparently I'll only looking at about 320+ rwkw but either way Im happy with my NA VF2. Looks better Sounds better and has a better interior in my opinion. I seriously looked at buying the FGX late last year also but I'm happy with my choice. I'll cam it sometime soon but that will be it then I don't want to blow it. A mate suggested a 100 hp Nos kit but I've never played much with it before. Thoughts ??

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Don't worry. The XR8 will beat you, but a tuned F6 will cream the XR8. It's not all about 1/4 mile. Because VF V8 isn't the car for the job. BUT it does most things perfect

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Think I know the outcome, but still really interested to know what happened..?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Well the test n tune wasn't on this Wednesday! Power cruise is on this weekend so we'll have to wait til this Wednesday 17th now.the FGX dyno'd at 334rwkw and I drove it Thursday and it was quicker with almost no lag. I could be wrong but I don't think it's gunna be much quicker than the w375 Down the quarter mile. Unless it screems past me in 3rd gear. The taller diff ratio in the FGX I think may level the field despite the extra rwkw. But the time cards will be the ultimate judge. I still wouldn't be surprised if the W375 beat it put it that way..

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It's hard to tell by the seat of your pants. But you have a far better chassis and tq management system
in your favour too. So traction should be on your side. I doubt there'll be much in it as far as the ET goes. Trap speed may be a different story. It will be interesting.

Neither are drag cars though. Personally I'd like to see a comparison around a track. That's where the Redline would really shine.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
He's pushing well over 400kw at the fly. If he starts off in 2nd to negate wheel spin he should get a decent pass in 4th.

Well the test n tune wasn't on this Wednesday! Power cruise is on this weekend so we'll have to wait til this Wednesday 17th now.the FGX dyno'd at 334rwkw and I drove it Thursday and it was quicker with almost no lag. I could be wrong but I don't think it's gunna be much quicker than the w375 Down the quarter mile. Unless it screems past me in 3rd gear. The taller diff ratio in the FGX I think may level the field despite the extra rwkw. But the time cards will be the ultimate judge. I still wouldn't be surprised if the W375 beat it put it that way..

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
the FGX dyno'd at 334rwkw and I drove it Thursday and it was quicker with almost no lag. I could be wrong but I don't think it's gunna be much quicker than the w375 Down the quarter

So whats that about 50rwkw's difference? The differences will become evident on the strip.