Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 Quarter Mile Times

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Ok gents. Results are in tonight at Willowbank the FGX xr8 run a 12.5 best and the w375 12.7. I'll post the video on YouTube in coming days. Suprisingly I had a couple of runs with big time traction problems which I can't quite work out but they were both after big burnouts but nobody else seems to have issues and 4 out of my 6 passes it hooked up well. Got me a bit stumped

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Good effort Flo. It's consistently quick for what it is. I'd be pretty happy with that.
The traction losses on 2 passes could be caused by combination of things. I'd hazard a guess at fly by wire, torque management perhaps and possibly the line you chose being less grippy, due to the surface and temperature? I've not run mine down the quarter, but have noticed when doing a few 0-100 runs it broke traction on some occassions, yet it wasn't noticeable at other times.
Any videos?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Looks like you've got the wood on the XR8 driver but he's got the ponies. Did you by any chance get to do a pass or two in his car?

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Hi Gents
Here's the video. It wasn't my fastest run of the night I ran 2 x 12.8's best being 12.82 at 111mph. This was the xr8's best time of the night at 12.5..
Was warm again at 26 deg. What I felt was my best run of the night I couldn't get the card for. There were hundreds of bikes there and it was windy so who knows where it went but I was spewin at the time
https://youtu.be/FC0Qzb20Ma4

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Looks like you've got the wood on the XR8 driver but he's got the ponies. Did you by any chance get to do a pass or two in his car?

No Snowy I didn't but I have driven it on the street. It went better after the Xcal and dyno but a few days later he put a custom 2.5 inch twin cat back on it and I thought that made it really come on song. I drove it after both and if I owned one of them I wouldnt do one without the other. Made a huge difference and sounds cool but still pretty quiet

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I thought the xr8 would run better than that considering the power it's supposed to have.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
26 degree ambient ain't gonna help the supercharger, especially as it has no intercooler. I reckon it might still be running the factory dunlop tyres which are notoriously sh!t.