Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SERIES 2 SS MANUAL HAND BRAKE ISSUE

TREVMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SERIES 2 SS MANUAL
HI ALL, MY FIRST POST. MY WIFE VF SERIES 2 SS WE HAVE HAD SINCE 8000KM NOW 30,000KM HAS HAD AN INTERMITTENT HAND BRAKE ISSUE IT BEEN BACK AND FORTH TO HOLDEN SINCE WE HAVE HAD IT AND THEY HAVE CHECKED OVER HAND BRAKE ASSEMBLY CHANGE THE SWITCH BUT WE STILL HAVE ISSUES, THE ISSUE IS SHE RELEASE THE ELECTRIC BRAKE AND BACKS OUT THE DRIVE WAY AND PUTS IT IN FIRST TO DRIVE OFF AND THE HAND BRAKE LOCKS ON AND CAR WILL NOT DRIVE, ENGAGE THE BRAKE AND THEN RELEASE AND OFF IT GOES, IT HAS HAPPEN TO ME SEVERAL TIMES AND SOMETIMES THE CAR WILL FEEL SLUGGISH WHEN SHE TAKES OFF THEN A LOAD BANG AND ITS RELEASED, HOLDEN HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO PIN POINT AN ISSUE AND KNOW WE ARE IN THE BATTLE WITH HOLDEN TO TRY AND GET THIS FIXED, BUT THEY ARE TELLING US WITHOUT A 100% POSITIVE FINDING THEY WILL NOT CHANGE OUT ANY PARTS, I HAVE BEEN A HOLDEN MAN ALL MY LIFE, MY WIFE IS STARTING TO GET CONCERNED WHEN DRIVE IT THAT IT WILL GET WORSE AND LOCK ON WHEN DRIVING. IT IS RANDOM AND HAS NO REAL PATTERN, JUST WONDERING IF ANY BODY ELSE HAS HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE OR EXPERIENCE AND OR NOW OF A HOLDEN DEALER THAT CAN DIVE DEEPER.
THANKS

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Welcome to JC’s…

It’s a known problem so try the following search string via Google:

forums.justcommodores.com.au epb issues

Doin such should list the following threads which may or may not list the solution but it’s there somewhere.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/park-brake-problems.270885/

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/electric-handbrake-not-working.279599/

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/electronic-park-brake-epb.231048/

The issue can be an adjustment I’d required but I have a vague recollection that it can be the drum brake mechanism and/or adjusting wheel itself binding up…

If I have time, I’ll have a look myself but don’t bank on it :p If you do find the cause, please post the solution so it closes off the thread nicely :cool:

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I had the same issue in my WN Caprice.
Holden changed the handbrake switch, but that didn't fix it.
I took it to a Repco service centre and they pulled the handbrake shoes and greased the adjuster mechanism and it worked. I had 3 months of not having to listen for the whirring sound to know whether it was releasing. Then about 2 weeks ago the bastard started doing it again.. I'm going to put it up on jack stands on the weekend and do it myself this time.

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Trev why are you SHOUTING :p