Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 SSV Redline Wheel / Tyre combo fit

baxterss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
Hey guys I'm after some advice or knowledge if anyone has done it before.

Is it possible to put a 245/45/19 tyre on the standard 19" 8.5" with factory offset of +48 with out it hitting on the strut or inside of the wheel well? The total circumference changes by 77mm and the side wall height change is 12.25mm. The factory tyres are 245/40/19

I know there was an option for the 20"rim but they were 245/35/20's to keep a very close diameter/circumference.

Cheers

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
You're better off looking at the overall change in diameter and not the circumference as the diameter is much easier to check with a tape to determine if the tyre will foul any panels, trim or suspension components.

The 245/45 has a larger overall diameter of about 24mm.

baxterss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline
You're better off looking at the overall change in diameter and not the circumference as the diameter is much easier to check with a tape to determine if the tyre will foul any panels, trim or suspension components.

The 245/45 has a larger overall diameter of about 24mm.

Yeh looks like that might be the way to go seems it could possibly interfere with the front suspension strut.

Do you know if are allowed to go wider on factory rims to a 285 instead of a 275 On the rear and a 255 instead of the 245 on the front? I understand that I might have to roll the guards but I’m not sure if those two sizes will fit on the 9” rear and 8.5” front. Can’t find much on it because people usually change their wheels from standard. I’ve read that some people say a tyre fitter can’t legally do it and others say they haven’t had a problem.

I know that with a change of width comes a small change in diameter but I don’t think it will be an issue.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Yeh looks like that might be the way to go seems it could possibly interfere with the front suspension strut.

Do you know if are allowed to go wider on factory rims to a 285 instead of a 275 On the rear and a 255 instead of the 245 on the front? I understand that I might have to roll the guards but I’m not sure if those two sizes will fit on the 9” rear and 8.5” front. Can’t find much on it because people usually change their wheels from standard. I’ve read that some people say a tyre fitter can’t legally do it and others say they haven’t had a problem.

I know that with a change of width comes a small change in diameter but I don’t think it will be an issue.

If the rims are the standard factory offset then they are very conservative and fitting a 255 to and 8.5 inch rim and a 285 to a 9 inch rim won't impact on the clearances, changing the sidewall profile to a larger percentage therefore increasing the rolling diameter may and that is where you need to be careful plus the motor transport authority in your state will also have limits on how much you can change characteristics like diameter and width.

The priority should be to try and keep close within the diameter of the OEM tyres, the wider the tyre the lower the profile.