Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF series 2 SV6 75,000 service

VP KC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
Hey guys,

looking at a VF series 2 SV6. It has 88,000Kms and it missed the 75,000 service. As part of the sale the next major service will be carried out (90,000k). Is this a massive red flag? My understanding is that the 75k service was just oil and filter?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it missed the 75,000 service

it is a problem if you need a major warranty claim like if the engine dies and you need to get it replaced under warranty or use acl to get a "out of warranty" replacement as they will say missing that service was the cause etc.

the last time it was probably changed was 60k so it might have 28k on that oil in the engine.

to me it is a red flag that "as a part of the sale the service will be carried out".
a decent dealer would have done this when they got the vehicle and noticed it was not serviced at 75k but they leave it on the lot and wait until a customer buys it?

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Regardless of whether the service was done, or missed, if the oil is black, change the oil.
If the oil is not black, change it anyway for you own peace of mind. (That is, if you buy it.)

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
You're right, just checked my service book. The 75k service is just oil & filter plus the usual inspections (if they are actually carried out is another question). 90k involves the extra brake/clutch fluid change and air filter. Also a check & tighten of bolts/nuts on chassis/body and a few other minor inspections. I would avoid this vehicle for reasons stated above by stooge. If the oil has not been changed for 28k it would be in very poor condition and probably not doing it's job. Possiible problems in the future and then warranty hassles

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well holden does 15 000 or 9 months intervals. That means it was last serviced at about 60 000. Do you know the date of last service ?

If I was to buy it I would do the oil change straight away...

Private or dealer sale ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If it were me, I’d probably avoid it ... surely there are a billionty of them around, but serviced properly?
Unless it’s really cheap, but then you’d ask why it was so cheap, given that a lot of buyers would shrug their shoulders and “meh” a missed service that the dealer says they’re chucking in for free (ignoring the potential issues caused by stretching a service-interval out to double).