Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

rouseabout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 in Red Hot, waiting for my VF11 SS
3500kms, lifetime average 12.8, average speed 45.2.......

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
I'm currently averaging between 12.7 - 13.2; only 1,100K's.

what's everyone's thoughts on Costco fuel and do you guys use it, either the 95 or 98?? seeing it's around 20c/litre cheaper than the big outlets it's hard to ignore.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
Don't get caught up in the one fuel brand better than the other, as depending on your location it comes from 1 refinery as I am in Perth 70-80% comes from BP the rest is imported from Singapore refinery.
East coast has 3 refineries between QLD NSW Caltex and Shell Vic has 2 Mobile and shell. About 60% of our fuel is imported from Singapore that's why our prices are influenced by Singapore price.

Last edited:

Chookah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Wagon
i cant understand y people buy a nice ls3 or whatever else for that matter n use that 91 crap : like u said its their car its their choice ☺
I get a motorcharge card from my for fuel. We're a small company. I recently upgraded to my LS3 and to stay 'under the radar' of the penny counters I more often than not use 91 / E10 and only go the 98 when its cheap.

The lord giveth, and the lord can taketh awayeth. Free > 98ron ;)

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I get a motorcharge card from my for fuel. We're a small company. I recently upgraded to my LS3 and to stay 'under the radar' of the penny counters I more often than not use 91 / E10 and only go the 98 when its cheap.

I'm in the same boat. motorcharge for my fuel, though my boss tells me off if i don't use 98 in mine :D

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE

I don't use 91 or E10 at all, My question was about the Costco 95/98 fuel... as maloo37 said previously, most fuels come from the same place anyway.

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Don't get caught up in the one fuel brand better than the other, as depending on your location it comes from 1 refinery as I am in Perth 70-80% comes from BP the rest is imported from Singapore refinery.
East coast has 3 refineries between QLD NSW Caltex and Shell Vic has 2 Mobile and shell. About 60% of our fuel is imported from Singapore that's why our prices are influenced by Singapore price.

Even though it all comes from the same refineries, I have been told each company adds their own additives to the fuel which is what differentiates one brand from the other.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I'm curious how many people are just throwing numbers up on here because they read their 'trip computer' doing a certain speed vs actually workout out how much fuel the damn car used?.....

eg. Fill up, see what you put in next tank vs how many km's you've driven for the litres you put in the tank......

yz23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Manual, done close to 4k. City driving + highway driving. 12.4 average speed 58. Also i dont baby it what so ever.

Best ive got for city driving only is around 12.3 ( not thrashing it )
And highway 10 exactly

Teddyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series II redline
I'd agree, I do a mix of heavy traffic, highway and occasional squirt at lights and its never dropped under 15/100km. I drive a manual as well and do a bit of rolling where I can !