Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series 2 V8 Fuel Consumption

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
My car must have a hole in the tank cause it empties too quickly :po_O

Maybe check that you are not wearing your fancy lead-lined diver's booties...:rolleyes:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I had VE SV6 sidi before. It averaged 14L with same driving conditions...

If I can ask to clarify: what driving conditions... mine are universally long, straight, open roads in the clapped out buff country e.g. "Big Sky Country", although yesterday and this morning I've had to toddle around town picking up shopping. Surely you don't get 14L/100 in a VE at or +100km/h??

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If I can ask to clarify: what driving conditions... mine are universally long, straight, open roads in the clapped out buff country e.g. "Big Sky Country", although yesterday and this morning I've had to toddle around town picking up shopping. Surely you don't get 14L/100 in a VE at or +100km/h??
Bumper to bumber crawl 80% of the time

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I get 16-17L per 100ks with awful traffic crawling 30kmh average speed...
Bumper to bumber crawl 80% of the time
Your getting better milage than my Motorsport which gets between 17-18 ltrs/100ks within 60 -80 khh zones in light metro traffic. I think average speed is showing at 35 kph which indicates the start stop nature of outer metro driving. Without a doubt she likes to take a drink when taking off at lights... something that GM's hybrid electric auto could have help reduce but it'd be too much $$$ for an end of line model :oops: that's even more the case considering Holden went cheap and dropped the dual tone horns and a few other things :mad:

Even driving like a grandpa, with crazy gentle takeoffs where everyone passes me before i get across the intersection, she still drinks 15-16 ltrs/100kms.... so i drive normally :)

But she's great on long steep downhill runs ;)

As is, not being a daily, and with the little k's I do, consumption is not an issue :cool:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Spouting all these XXL/ZZZKL mean absolutely nothing to me , how about some real kilometers per tank city/highway . on the highway with a little weekend drive to shops and Bunning's , maybe 15k at most. I get about 640k on premium 560k with e10 .If i'm just around town then i'm around the 380 k and maybe less

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
So lets say when 560Km on E10 and when you fill up you put 56 litres in the car (still 15 litres in the tank), your fuel consumption In this case is 10l/ 100Km. In round numbers the 380 km per tank is probably somewhere about 15litres/ 100Km

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
So lets say when 560Km on E10 and when you fill up you put 56 litres in the car (still 15 litres in the tank), your fuel consumption In this case is 10l/ 100Km. In round numbers the 380 km per tank is probably somewhere about 15litres/ 100Km
usually closer to 65l+ per refill , i like to live on the edge
EDIT : Supercharged and small cam , I do understand what the numbers mean , but abstract high and low readings don't really translate into real world costs

Last edited:

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Spouting all these XXL/ZZZKL mean absolutely nothing to me , how about some real kilometers per tank city/highway . on the highway with a little weekend drive to shops and Bunning's , maybe 15k at most. I get about 640k on premium 560k with e10 .If i'm just around town then i'm around the 380 k and maybe less
Ltrs/100 with average speed gives you a good idea

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I've never learnt how to check fuel consumption in any of my cars as it has no interest for me, I just drive them and fill up when necessary.