Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series II Evoke Sportswagon wheel swap

Jarad Wilkinson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Seies 2 Sportswagon
Hello, very new here, first post.

I’ve just purchased a VF Series II Evoke Sportwagon and after some reading I want to swap the standard 16 inch wheels out for the SV6 wheels (I can get the delivered to local tyre fitting places in local area) and want to know if anyone else done this and the benefits.

From what I’ve read the handling is better and I did read an article from a motoring site that recommended the 235/55 (or 50)/R18 tyre size as per the Calias, though I think the 245/46/R18 is closer in diameter to the original.

If I do this is there anything I need to be worried about regarding braking, suspension, insurance and speedo accuracy??

If I stick with the standard setup I think tyre change is important and I’ll switch to what I was running on the VE Series II Omega Sedan.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The wider & larger-diameter wheels allow wider tyres with a sidewall that has less flex; that’s where the performance increase comes from.

You may get a bit more road/tyre noise and more road irregularities being transmitted through into the car; but the difference should be close to nothing.

Try to stick with tyre overall diameter matching the standard diameter; speedo won’t be a problem that way. And everything else is not a problem, although your insurance company may want to be informed (some consider it a “modification”).

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
definitely get them 2nd hand theres a heap around for $500 with tyres