Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Series1 or II?

Ceramic

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS AWD V6
What is the general consensus between selecting one of the two if both vehicles have similar KM's?

Thanks!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
2014 Redline, with two years warranty to go. Just as quick as each other, runs flex fuel and has cylinder deactivation, doesn't rely on gimmicks list, has a more advanced and locally developed engine.
The size of your donk doesn't matter, dozens of women have told me that privately. It is only the economics behind the New 0.2l Clothes which reveal the price you pay for dressing up and parading around with a slightly bigger budgie bulge [LS3 Badge].
Reality is 0.2l is a petit teacup, yet filled with Koolaid becomes soo big, huge, throbbing lump potent and dangerously appealing to certain menfolk. So if size doesn't matter what's the point in wearing "Im a little teacup bigger" badge advertising size boldly out front? Compensation.
Happens I'm a middle-aged hetero acutely aware of my ego and inadequacies so meh whatever floats your boat. I reckon Series I is sophisticated and discrete in that regard, its virility, reliability and potency spoken via the subtle plethora of Mylar badges stuck to its arse.
L77 and a pair of socks in your smugglers for the win!

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
LS3 for the win....

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yep series 2 for the Ls3

If it was a VE I'd say go The L98 early models, the L77 isn't the best Ls.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
What is the general consensus between selecting one of the two if both vehicles have similar KM's?

Thanks!

You might want to clarify whether you're talking V6 or V8 here...

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Series 2.

Throughout the years, series 2 Commodores have always been more desirable than the equivalent series 1.

Series 2 usually have many upgrades over the series 1 and quality/reliability issues are usually well ironed out.

Not to say Series 1 are bad at all, its just my preference.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Are S1's Euro 4 vs S2's Euro 5? I'm sure there was a change during VF production.
If so, for those that want certification for mods, it may be easy going S1, or not. But I really don't now if the difference between E4 and E5 is that much to worry about. I guess most of us mod without certification so the points null and void to alot of us. Just a thought though...
I think it was Monstar that stated that only E85 vehicles from factory can run E85 for emissions testing. Sorry Monstar if that wasn't you, but it was mentioned not that long ago. If true, another tick for S1.
I must say that I've seen online some pretty insane VE's which I think were Euro 3, wearing mod plates.
If my above spiel has any truth to it, I would be going another S1. If I didn't want to mod definitely S2.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
S1 better seats, forged wheels, AFM (auto), E85, CD and DVD player. I'd go S1. Also S1 is more economical with the 2.92:1 diff. How much power do you want? The difference between L77 and LS3 with same mods is small.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have a series 1 redline which is modified with headers, exhaust and vcm. Ideally I would have preferred the LS3 engine but the power difference is not that big. Down the line I will swap the L77 for the LS3 but if you were to buy a vf now probably take the LS3 redline only since you get all brembo brakes etc

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Agree. Who cares about a CD player and DVD Player when you have USB, Bluetooth Streaming etc? So Holden took a few novelties out and gave us the better and more powerful LS3, better exhaust, better diff ratio and Brembo's all round! And all this enhances the ownership of the VF so I say go a S2!