Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sleeper

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I’ve had my 2014 VF V8 Calais V since 2015. For the last 6 years, it’s been totally stock. It's got 67,000 kms. Prior to then, I had a 2001 VX LS Gen 3 V8 lightly modified. I’ve wanted a supercharged V8 since Mad Max 2. This week, I picked up my car from the workshop and I’ve realised my childhood dream.

The car has the following mods:

Harrop 2300 Supercharger (originally 6-8 psi and then 8-10 psi with 80mm pulley and now 10+ psi with 75mm pulley)
Harrop OTR
Blower spacers and blanket
60lb injectors
Higgins Stage 3 Heads
Cam Stage 1
Yella terra ultra light roller rockers
Dual valve springs, HD pushrods
Ls7 lifters and buckets
DoD delete kit
Timing chain and harmonic balancer
Mellings oil pump
100 cell cats
Selective rear polyurethane bushes
DBA T3 Series 4000 Rotors and Extreme Performance pads
A tune
Diff gears 3.45 ratio

Added April 23
FI Interchiller
12 litre chiller reservoir
Rebuilt transmission for 800hp (Craigs)
Trans cooler
8pk LSA pulley kit with 75mm pulley
Catch can
Upgraded 2.5 exhaust (too loud needs sorting)

My key requirement was quiet, smooth and fast. The car looks totally stock and I like it quiet.

I’ve got a standard exhaust manifold and system except GTS bi-modal rear mufflers (flaps fixed open). These are too loud for me and I’ll change to something quieter.

The car rolled into the workshop with 208 rwkw. The car rolled out with 413 rwkw or 553 rwhp at 6450 rpm. I’m loving it. It’s a rocket. Drives smooth with a little lope. It gets scary fast real quick. I know many guys have more power, but for me, it’s just insane.

I’m very happy. My rear tyres aren’t. I’ll get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S or Goodyear F1 tyres in the new year for better traction.

I’m noticing the reduced fuel economy. Based on this week’s experience, I’m getting about 300km per tank. It’s probably due to the novelty factor and me flooring it every chance I get. Oh yeah!!

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I’ve had my 2014 VF V8 Calais V since 2015. For the last 6 years, it’s been totally stock. It's got 67,000 kms. Prior to then, I had a 2001 VX LS Gen 3 V8 lightly modified. I’ve wanted a supercharged V8 since Mad Max 2. This week, I picked up my car from the workshop and I’ve realised my childhood dream.

The car has the following mods:

Harrop 2300 Supercharger (6-8 psi)
Harrop OTR
Blower spacers and blanket
60lb injectors
Higgins Stage 3 Heads
Cam 218/218 with 213 LSA (Stage 1)
Yella terra ultra light roller rockers
Dual valve springs, HD pushrods
Ls7 lifters and buckets
DoD delete kit
Timing chain and harmonic balancer
Mellings oil pump
100 cell cats
Selective rear polyurethane bushes
DBA T3 Series 4000 Rotors and Extreme Performance pads
A tune

My key requirement was quiet, smooth and fast. The car looks totally stock and I like it quiet.

I’ve got a standard exhaust manifold and system except GTS rear mufflers (flaps open). These are too loud for me and I’ll change to something quieter.

The car rolled into the workshop with 208 rwkw. The car rolled out with 413 rwkw or 553 rwhp. I’m loving it. It’s a rocket. Drives smooth with a little lope. It gets scary fast real quick. I know many guys have more power, but for me, it’s just insane.

I’m very happy. My rear tyres aren’t. I’ll get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S or Goodyear F1 tyres in the new year for better traction.

I’m noticing the reduced fuel economy. Based on this week’s experience, I’m getting about 300km per tank. It’s probably due to the novelty factor and me flooring it every chance I get. Oh yeah!!

Needs more pics.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
11.4 AFR, there is a few more kw to be squeezed out of it if you feel the need. It's safe where they left it. Nice job. You'll be chasing more power in 12 months. Up the boost, fuel pumps, flex fuel (e85) and an interchiller. Will need about $10k, that'll get you close to the 500rwkw club.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Excellent result and good to see Sonny doing it right. He did my tune as well.

Reactions: Lex

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Good stuff.
With the power/torque any of those tyres will have no hope. I have the Michelin’s and they are a great tyre IMO, but you still can’t just floor it and go unless you wanna James Bond smokescreen as part of your exit!

Reactions: Lex

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
The last few days I've clocked up around 1250 highway kms averaging 11.5 liters per 100km. First tour after SC fitted. Not too bad. Much better than fuel guzzling in Sydney traffic.

I'm thinking about diff gears. Maybe 3.27 ratio.

I need to be careful flooring it with TC off. Nearly lost it yesterday.

Last edited:

Therio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
What do you guys think about the Toyo R888R’s?

trying to find some decent tyres that will suit my stock 275 rear and 245 fronts.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
There are mixed reports on the Toyo’s but I would definitely like to try them for sure.
I can recommend 3:45 diff for the auto, I have them and I think they are perfect but everyone has a different opinion! Also would recommend truetrac upgrade while your doing the gears.