Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Specific - Cadillac CTS-V V2 6 Pot Brembo Upgrade

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Hi all,

I know there's already a bunch of info on here with regards to the retrofitting a combination of calipers/rotors etc for VE and VF's, but i thought that I'd share all the info in one place, specifically for the Cadillac CTS-V (V2 2009- >) Brembo 6 pot front & 4 pot rear upgrade on a VF/VFII
This is from personal experience of shopping around and buying parts myself, rather than buying a kit from Empire etc.

Firstly, there are a number of routes you can go down to purchase the parts. The USD is pretty strong at the moment, and shipping is a killer, so this is not a cheap upgrade. All parts are available on Amazon, but many retailers are not willing to ship to Australia. You can you a freight forwarding company but I found this to be too expensive to be worth while.
I personally bought from a mixture of EBay, Amazon and locally at Holden and others.

If you, like me, are starting from a bog standard SSV or SS, you will need a complete kit. If you already have a Redline, then you cost will be significantly less.

CALIPERS
I went with silver calipers, as yellow is a little to flash for my taste and red is a lot of extra $$$. You can always paint or powder coat if you want a different colour.

(Parts list is partially stolen from the SS Forum)

- Brembo Caliper Silver (Front left) ACDelco# 172-2487 or GM# 25912477
- Brembo Caliper Silver (Front right) ACDelco# 172-2488 or GM# 25912967
- Brembo Caliper Silver (Rear left) ACDelco# 172-2486 or GM# 25911138
- Brembo Caliper Silver (Rear right) ACDelco#172-2513 or GM# 25911233
- Caliper Pin Kit (Front) need 1 pack ACDelco# 18k2108x or GM# 88875102
- Caliper Pin Kit (Rear) need 1 pack, ACDelco# 18k1970x or GM# 19264180

All standard SS and SSV will require 8 new caliper bolts. (VF Redlines require rear bolts only, VFII Redline already use bolts listed below)
You can buy these from Holden, or, if you have the contacts or savvy, you can get them through your local fastener suppliers.

The bolts for the front 6 pots are Grade 10.9 Tempered steel - M14 x 2.00 x 56.5mm.
- Caliper Bolts (Front) US part number is GM #11570788. Holden Local part number is #92139223

The rear caliper bolts required are again, Grade 10.9 tempered steel - M12 x 1.75 x 45mm.
These are in fact the same bolts used on VE GXP Brembo FRONT calipers
- Caliper Bolts (Rear) US and Holden local part # 11515778

Front caliper
20160420_145341.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ROTORS
Rotors are a personal choice. I wanted a stock look, without slots, dimples or being cross drilled. SS Forum list brembo rotors, but they get very exy once you look at currency conversion and shipping. I will list the options for "affordable" rotors.

One thing that made this conversion a pain in the past, was the choice of rear rotors. 355mm and 350mm are too small and require either trimming of the pads, or buying custom pads.... but with the new VFII coming with these Brembo calipers as standard, the options are now much more plentiful.

-Front Rotors - 2009 -> Cadillac CTS -V fitment
Plain - Centric #120.62128 Disc Brake Rotor (Amazon)
Slotted - # DBA42608S (GSL Rallysport)

- Rear Rotors - 2015 -> Holden VFII Redline fitment or Chevrolet SS
Plain (Holden OEM) - #92281427 or ACD# 177-1190
Slotted - DBA42065 AS / BS (custom run by DBA prior to VFII) or DBA42074 LS / RS (now a new DBA catalogue item)

Front Rotors
20160418_144103.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

PADS

After some (lots) of research and concern over the availability of front pads locally, I discovered that the pads used in the CTS-V are the same as listed below. Compound is of course a personal choice, but listed are the vehicles that use the same pads

Front - Jeep SRT8 6.4 2011 ->
Rear - Jeep SRT8 6.4 2006 ->
Holden Commodore VF II

You can re-use your existing hoses, but if you want maximum performance, you can upgrade to braided hoses. If your fitting the kit yourself, it would also be a good idea to get new copper washers as these are only a few $$.

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Thanks for taking the time to compile the info.
What sizes are the rotors you have listed?
Do the silver calipers have a Brembo logo or OE logo on them?

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Thanks for taking the time to compile the info.
What sizes are the rotors you have listed?
Do the silver calipers have a Brembo logo or OE logo on them?

Front rotors are 370mm (CTS-V 2009+)
Rear rotors are 360mm (VFII Redline )

Calipers have the Cadillac "V" decals.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awesome write up mate, this will help a lot of people out.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Are you able to fit these under the standard 19" rim, or do you have to be running a 20" to get away with it?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Are you able to fit these under the standard 19" rim, or do you have to be running a 20" to get away with it?

They fit under 19" redline rims. Have some pics on my computer somewhere.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
They fit under 19" redline rims. Have some pics on my computer somewhere.

Awesome, thanks.

That's been my biggest concern about doing it.

Actually, considering the rear is getting a much more substantial upgrade compared to the front. Do people feel as if it changes the way the car feels under brakes?

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon

Nope, as stated above, these will NOT fit under standard SSV 19's.
I've swapped to some VF 1 Redline wheels (I reckon the VFII are ugly as), but all HSV or HSVi HF20 wheels have the clearance.
HSVi Supersport 20" will not fit either.....

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Nope, as stated above, these will NOT fit under standard SSV 19's.
I've swapped to some VF 1 Redline wheels (I reckon the VFII are ugly as), but all HSV or HSVi HF20 wheels have the clearance.
HSVi Supersport 20" will not fit either.....

The reply above states "redline rims" not SSV.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
The reply above states "redline rims" not SSV.

Incorrect. Have another read before making uneducated posts.
He asked if they fit under "standard" 19" rims, this thread refers to upgrading from an SS or SSV to 6 pot Brembo, not a Redline.