Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF ss boot lid randomly opening

Jasevfss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss series 2
Hi all just wondering if I can get some help with this issue I have a 2015 VF SS series 2 the boot lid randomly opens this has been happening now for about 5 months (in random locations) i have taken it to Holden they upgraded the software and reset the software hoping that this solved the problem not a week later a new problem adding to the existing problem all doors unlocked by itself and boot was open

Jasevfss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss series 2
Your bumping the key remote in your pocket common problem

I wish it was that simple but unfortunately it's not that case I get home or work or girlfriend's house lock my car and hang my keys up so no possible chance of bumping it I don't know what else it can be and randomly my mates car is now doing the same thing

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This has been discussed before.

Use the search function to find the solution.

Jasevfss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss series 2
This has been discussed before.

Use the search function to find the solution.

Thank you for your response I just signed up to just Commodores I'm still unfamiliar with using this I have tried to search and for the solution but don't seem to find the solution

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi all just wondering if I can get some help with this issue I have a 2015 VF SS series 2 the boot lid randomly opens this has been happening now for about 5 months (in random locations) i have taken it to Holden they upgraded the software and reset the software hoping that this solved the problem not a week later a new problem adding to the existing problem all doors unlocked by itself and boot was open

Mate this has happened to me, only once though.... Ive got a Jan 2016 build SS that i bought brand new.With my job i leave home at 2.30am, one morning i walked into my garage to find my boot fully open, im like WTF thought id sprung someone trying to steal my car. Its only happened once though like i said. I also get random alert that my boot lid is open if say i put something in the boot then start the car. Hasnt happened for a while, and i spose i should get Holden to look at it.. Thought i was the only one..

Jasevfss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss series 2
Mate this has happened to me, only once though.... Ive got a Jan 2016 build SS that i bought brand new.With my job i leave home at 2.30am, one morning i walked into my garage to find my boot fully open, im like WTF thought id sprung someone trying to steal my car. Its only happened once though like i said. I also get random alert that my boot lid is open if say i put something in the boot then start the car. Hasnt happened for a while, and i spose i should get Holden to look at it.. Thought i was the only one..

Mate I just got a call from Holden saying they just checked my car and couldn't fault it they put the scanner on it and found nothing wrong with it i called 2 mechanics and 3 auto electricians they all say it's the BCM it needs to be replaced and recode the car the mechanics and auto electricians say it wouldn't come up in a scan because it happens randomly you need to have the scanner on the car at the right time for it to come up so I just emailed Holden and told them about it so waiting for a reply from Holden and it apparently is a known issue to Holden but they don't want to admit it they say it's the first time hearing of this lol

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Mate I just got a call from Holden saying they just checked my car and couldn't fault it they put the scanner on it and found nothing wrong with it i called 2 mechanics and 3 auto electricians they all say it's the BCM it needs to be replaced and recode the car the mechanics and auto electricians say it wouldn't come up in a scan because it happens randomly you need to have the scanner on the car at the right time for it to come up so I just emailed Holden and told them about it so waiting for a reply from Holden and it apparently is a known issue to Holden but they don't want to admit it they say it's the first time hearing of this lol

I know that theres a fix for the Boot Look that Holden will replace if you tell them whats going on. It doesnt happen often but i will get it done, but yeah finding the Boot open was a worry, like i said only happen once in nearly 3 years. The doors though were locked when it happened to me

Ollie Arc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
Has anyone had any luck with Holden on this boot randomly opening issue? I've been having the same issue with my SS!!

pops_gooch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore
Literally going through the same **** with my wagon. Rang Holden they said to replace the whole touch pad mechanism. Any other suggestions?