Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Brembo brake upgrade Vol. 2

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
They look resprayed to me. Blow up the pic. There's red paint around the edge of the rubber seals and some on the surface of the rubber. Caveat emptor I'd say.
Brand new genuine have over spray on them. I was surprised how sloppy they were being genuine. Even the finish differed between each one.
And they were genuine because they were sitting on the counter at the spare parts section of a dealer.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Not sure. But the pistons on my VF Redline are solid, i.e no hole.

Fronts are solid on this set, rears have a hole...
He said he tried fitting front right; wheel did not clear and he gave it all up...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-214819_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-214819_Messenger.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20200408-215632_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-215632_Messenger.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They look resprayed to me. Blow up the pic. There's red paint around the edge of the rubber seals and some on the surface of the rubber. Caveat emptor I'd say.
I can definitely see overspray on rubber seals now that you pointed it out...
One woud have though brembo would assemble them after painting ?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I can definitely see overspray on rubber seals now that you pointed it out...
One woud have though brembo would assemble them after painting ?

That got me thinking, so I went in the garage to check various Brembo calipers I have. Looks like they are assembled prior to painting.

Resized_20200408_220235.jpeg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well there you go. That's good to know. I would have thought they'd spray pre assembly too. I don't recall seeing this overspray on the CTS-V rears I bought. I guess red stands out much more than silver. Thanks for the clarification @KING46Calais V and @3rspecB .

When i bought my CTS-V rears in 2014, I paid $200 for the pair off Amazon. With T3 4000 rotors, EBC Redstuff pads, HSV backing plates, and fitting, it cost me about a grand. So, for a full kit of geniune Holden ones, this seems very cheap. They will look sick on your car @Ron Burgundy and the breaking performance improvement will be significant. Get on it!

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well there you go. That's good to know. I would have thought they'd spray pre assembly too. I don't recall seeing this overspray on the CTS-V rears I bought. I guess red stands out much more than silver. Thanks for the clarification @KING46Calais V and @3rspecB .

When i bought my CTS-V rears in 2014, I paid $200 for the pair off Amazon. With T3 4000 rotors, EBC Redstuff pads, HSV backing plates, and fitting, it cost me about a grand. So, for a full kit of geniune Holden ones, this seems very cheap. They will look sick on your car @Ron Burgundy and the breaking performance improvement will be significant. Get on it!

Working on Mrs atm. She might be a bit pissed as I just put new rotors and pads on, and now i wanna pull them off to replace with a different set hahahahha

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride

Geez I'd be stoked if I could get those rear cts calipers for 200 each. 200 for the pair is pure fantasy nowadays. I'm looking at 900 for a pair of bare calipers off eBay or amazon

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Geez I'd be stoked if I could get those calipers for 200 each. 200 for the pair is pure fantasy nowadays. I'm looking at 900 for a pair of bare calipers off eBay or amazon

Just arranged pickup this arvo.
If you never hear from me...it was a dodgy deal hahahah

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Working on Mrs atm. She might be a bit pissed as I just put new rotors and pads on, and now i wanna pull them off to replace with a different set hahahahha
I'd just do it.
I bet she won't even notice.
You could just say I painted the old ones.
They all eventually get over it. They don't forget, but they get over it.