Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Brembo brake upgrade Vol. 2

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
They put mine here , so no holes in the engine bay.View attachment 210402
@kleanphil i got told it couldn’t be on anything that could be replaced i.e. doors plastic trims and that I had to be on solid body.
Mine is in the passenger rear door jam just below the door latch.
I also understood a mod plate must be fixed to some non removable part of the body and must be permanently attached to the vehicle... but I can understand not wanting to drill holes in such places. However attaching the plate to some flimsy plastic easily crushable part does make a mockery of compliance standards o_O

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Yeah. They have decent kits and reasonable price too. Silver only though and i can't get genuine ones in silver...
Most likely going down used ones route. The engineer said if the wrecking yard gives me proper invoice stating what car it was removed from and vin number, that is good enough...
I'll keep an eye out for you. Red seem a bit more common than silver.
I'm after silver rears.
Either new, used or CTS.
I think I'm going to have to suck it up and pay the 9 grey nurses

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I also understood a mod plate must be fixed to some non removable part of the body and must be permanently attached to the vehicle... but I can understand not wanting to drill holes in such places. However attaching the plate to some flimsy plastic easily crushable part does make a mockery of compliance standards o_O
Maybe I need a compliance plate for my compliance plate

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
NSW doesn’t have mod plates, you just have to carry your eng certificate in the car with you (if it needs one).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just arranged pickup this arvo.
If you never hear from me...it was a dodgy deal hahahah
Or the proverbial camels back was broken and the lovely Mrs Burgundy finally snapped!
In my house it would go something like this: "Aren't these the same as the ones you recently sold?" "Yeah, but I made $500 on that deal." "Oh right, but then you bought new stock ones the same as you already have?" "Um... well yeah, but!" But nothing! How much fukcing more did these new red ones cost, compared to the ones you bloody sold?" "Um?" "How much has it cost us for you to have pretty red brakes on that bloody car?" "UM?" "Don't um me, you're the bloody accountant. How much genious?" "IDK, I'll have to crunch some numbers" Grrrr KAPOW! Hahahaha.
Just kidding... But not really. SWMBO would never keep her patience to the end of that convo. Lol
Sorry Ron. Just having a laugh. Hey, they're a safety updgrade and that in itself could turn out to be priceless!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Or the proverbial camels back was broken and the lovely Mrs Burgundy finally snapped!
In my house it would go something like this: "Aren't these the same as the ones you recently sold?" "Yeah, but I made $500 on that deal." "Oh right, but then you bought new stock ones the same as you already have?" "Um... well yeah, but!" But nothing! How much fukcing more did these new red ones cost, compared to the ones you bloody sold?" "Um?" "How much has it cost us for you to have pretty red brakes on that bloody car?" "UM?" "Don't um me, you're the bloody accountant. How much genious?" "IDK, I'll have to crunch some numbers" Grrrr KAPOW! Hahahaha.
Just kidding... But not really. SWMBO would never keep her patience to the end of that convo. Lol
Sorry Ron. Just having a laugh. Hey, they're a safety updgrade and that in itself could turn out to be priceless!

Hahhahaha
I have authority to purchase. Now it's a matter of getting them from the right place so engineer is happy ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Maybe I need a compliance plate for my compliance plate
Yeah good idea in theory but they’d likely put the second one in the wrong place as well :p

What I meant was that engineers are supposed to work to a prescribed standard but by placing the plate where the did can put their professionalism and engineering into question...

If you were pulled over and the car checked, would you be admonished for the plates placement, almost certainly not but it’s still in the wrong place nevertheless... (and probably the place where I’d want a plate for any reversible mods to be located)...

Your certifying engineer may be in the rare bread class like those road worthy guys often sought for their lax attitudes to the rules ;)

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
NSW doesn’t have mod plates, you just have to carry your eng certificate in the car with you (if it needs one).
Last car I modded in NSW that was the case keep copy in the glove box in case you are pulled over or at pink slip time.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Here is an example of brake upgrade that does not require certification...

Does anyone know if base model LC Torana could be optioned from the factory with GTR brakes or you had to buy GTR Torana to have these brakes ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200410-205845_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200410-205845_Drive.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 209

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS