Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Brembo brake upgrade Vol. 2

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Righty O Holden are onto it now checking stock in Melbourne, let's see what their experts come back with. I have spoken to Ron's engineer, he has said he would pass this with a second hand BMC and suggested it comes out of the same wreck as the brakes. At least we now have a solution if Holden's parts subject expert comes back with the tits up excuse. Stay Tuned.

That's good. In engineering terms, second hand parts are fine as long as they are in good working order...

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The part number you have is the correct one for Redline. Looks like a labeling error.

1594257721150.png

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is there no part number stamped onto the actual part ?

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Is there no part number stamped onto the actual part ?
Yes the one in the box has a cast 25 where 27 should be no actual part number. Apparently Holdens parts computer does not tell them the bore size of the BMC, just the part number for the variant it suits.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Houston we have an update.........

Hi Mate , Steve got the part number for xxxx2381 and it had the 25mm brake master cylinder in his box as well.. So he thinks you're right about it being packaged wrong. He told me to let you know he is dealing with donkeys at Holden spares in Melbourne now to get it sorted. Will let you know in the morning as the night shift will pull a random couple of boxes with the same part number later tonight.

Let's hope they have an expert matter operative on hand to review the results. At least we are moving forward I guess............

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just picked up a BMC off a GTR from the same wreckers Ron got his Brembo's (I said hi Ron) it is 27mm , just as a point of reference .

As I am not getting anywhere with Holden as usual, what did you pay for the second hand one? Looks like we will be going down this route now. Cheers

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@Thorby cost $100 , but it was the whole assembly , booster and reservoir even though i will probably only use the BMC unless i find there is a difference in the booster , reservoir is the same .

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Thorby cost $100 , but it was the whole assembly , booster and reservoir even though i will probably only use the BMC unless i find there is a difference in the booster , reservoir is the same .

Thanks bud based on that I am going to dump trying to get a new one from Holden, it appears the entire stock they have in Melbourne at the moment is labelled and packed incorrectly. Cant waste anymore time with these drongos.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Any difference between auto and manual?