Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF ss Catback only

dames131

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss 6.0L ute
just looking at putting a catback only on the vf was looking into hurricane 2.5 or 3in In Brisbane so not a wide range of brands apart from xforce which im not that keen on...looking for a deep note, just wondering if any one has a 3in on a vf yet an has some feedback on the drone. And the car is a manual.
Any advice would be good

kosta364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF REDLINE UTE
spend the extra $$$ and go for full system, unbelievable roar and you will not regret it.

i have hurricane 1 3/4" headers with a twin 3" walkinshaw s/s cat back and have only the slightest drone at 80km/h in 6th gear.

i have sound clips in my ride thread if you wanna see.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No mufflers so they must be louder.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
just looking at putting a catback only on the vf was looking into hurricane 2.5 or 3in In Brisbane so not a wide range of brands apart from xforce which im not that keen on...looking for a deep note, just wondering if any one has a 3in on a vf yet an has some feedback on the drone. And the car is a manual.
Any advice would be good

Mate there are already dozens of threads like this, one earlier today and a couple this week alone. Do site search and continue existing recent thread if still unanswered, thanks.
BTW aftermarket exhaust for VF is same as VE.

Last edited:

kosta364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF REDLINE UTE
the utes have slightly different rear hangars but can still go on, my walky catback was for a VE and went on. The headers from what i understand don't fit from VE though.. anyone confirm this?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The VE headers do fit.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The difference in rear mufflers is the rear hanger from the series 1 VE's. They changed them on the series 2 on, so anything from VE series 2 will fit the VF.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Any advice would be good

My 2 cents worth is to either speak to NAAF on here about fitting a stainless Manta catback (their are loud and quiet versions) or buy a KPM 2.5 cat back which I can tell you from experience definitely don't drone but aren't as deep as other exhausts out there as they have reflective technology in the can's that cancels out the drone frequencies and the deepness at the same time. The cat back part of my full system is a pacemaker 2.5 and its very deep though a little boomy at 1800-2000rpm but I love it. Previously had the 3 inch - forget it.