Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf ss doesnt do burnouts? why?

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
u would be surprised how much these really spin with the blowers on since i can log front and rear wheel speed now its crazy the difference sometimes
Funny you say that. Some passengers have picked up that the rear has broken traction when I now hardly notice it unless it is significant.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is nothing wrong with steering the car using your right foot (just ask my missus) :)

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
u would be surprised how much these really spin with the blowers on since i can log front and rear wheel speed now its crazy the difference sometimes

They aren't for the faint hearted. My heap will break traction at half throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Even at highway speeds you'd have to be on a death wish to plant the foot anymore than 60-70%. Defeats the purpose of all that power a bit

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Three diffs and two engine mounts down the track, at 50 years old, I now think the clever idea is to tune torque management not to load up beyond spec or spin at all as you command available torque.
My car is 825 Nm at trans input shaft when vehicle speed is 105 kph, starts slipping into third with torque convertor maxed near 112, input shaft still rolling over 700 Nm @ 3825 RPM... you are gonna have to store or slip that torque lest be sideways well over the speed limit on release. Is even more critical slipping into fourth closer to maximum brake torque, doing 168 kph with 750 Nm @ 4435 RPM.
Point is it is easy to break traction and kill yourself or at least the hardened bits of your car by zeroing or reducing torque management, and that's every driver's perogative, but for me the challenge is to tune torque management within component tolerance and have close to zero slip.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Isn't it interesting that we have these high hp cars and we can brag about the big HP cars we drive but in reality without all the fancy electronics I think most people would probably kill themselves.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Isn't it interesting that people never put all the pertinent facts in the first post....

If it's cam'd and tuned with a 3000rpm stall converter and won't turn the wheels I'd suggest going back to the tuner and having them fix it!

I really hope that your "attempted" burnouts were in a controlled "Off street" environment! ;)

Does my ******* head in when all relevant information is not included in the inital post.
Not mind readers.

To the OP, hope ya sort it man, nothing like smell of rubber in the morning

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Three diffs and two engine mounts down the track, at 50 years old, I now think the clever idea is to tune torque management not to load up beyond spec or spin at all as you command available torque.
My car is 825 Nm at trans input shaft when vehicle speed is 105 kph, starts slipping into third with torque convertor maxed near 112, input shaft still rolling over 700 Nm @ 3825 RPM... you are gonna have to store or slip that torque lest be sideways well over the speed limit on release. Is even more critical slipping into fourth closer to maximum brake torque, doing 168 kph with 750 Nm @ 4435 RPM.
Point is it is easy to break traction and kill yourself or at least the hardened bits of your car by zeroing or reducing torque management, and that's every driver's perogative, but for me the challenge is to tune torque management within component tolerance and have close to zero slip.
sounds a bit like what im doing, instead of using TM which cant be turned off with a switch im calibrating my TC so when enabled it will cut in nice and smooth and hold with some slip but not enough to destroy forward momentum or TC off and u have alot of fun, after the blower fitted my TC has not been able to do anything so now im setting it up to work properly and keep traction when wanted, also rpm limiter i have started to smooth off so its not so abrupt just a light tickle keeps the engine happy

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Here's a brawler hauler spec that spins people out not tyres o_O
Extra weight with +180 kg wagon tail and a couple of 120Ah AGM batteries in place of spare, fully braced Class 4 towbar; on HD springs and Koni FSD shocks; diff has tall 2.92 gears; stock stall (tuned TC ramp and slip); TM tuned using VVT Torque Model; fuel, combustion phasing and tune is for wide torque plateau; crank snout has double weight of stock damper (torque bank).
Not the usual boy racer fare, cue to very last minute (skip five minutes) to see this battleship roll to end of 2nd (~110 kph):

sigpic6933_3.gif.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

I agree. The only thing I don't like about my tune, is that tq management is reduced a bit too too much, to the point that the TC and ESP etc start coming on a little too late, if I feed the power on a bit too much in the wet, or nail it in the dry. I love the power, but, I prefer knowing when I put my foot down, the rears will not break traction, unless I intend for it to happen. Yet, my L77 is only making ~340-350rwhp. I love street machines and other powerful cars, always have. But, in my opinion, there is no place for the kind of unbridled power some members are quoting, being "used" on the streets. A blown Maloo I saw on the weekend is a prime example. It looked to me, that the guy had to slowly ease off the line at the lights, to avoid breaking into a cloud of smoke. I reckon with a rolling start the thing might well eat a W1. It was seriously quick (once moving). But, clearly it had no semblance of tq management. Anyone can brag about their driving prowess, or whatever. But, with all due respect, anyone who thinks they can control +600hp of turbo hit at the treads, is an accident waiting to happen.
Before I hand my Redline over to my Wife as her daily driver in August, I intend on taking it in for a re-tune to improve the tq management. The last thing I want to risk, or live with, is her planting her foot in the wet one day and wrapping herself, or my kids around a pole, or another innocent third party.
When I have my Motorsport tuned, I will also be stipulating that I want the factory safety features, including tq management, to work as good as they do in standard tune.
Bag away if you will.

Last edited: