Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Yes. Overpriced and unnecessary. No real proof it's better than other more common synthetics

Thought the price seemed ridiculous. Made a Facebook post in a VF group and someone recommended this stuff lol.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Royal Purple is supposed to be decent … but I hadn’t realised it was that exxy!

Nulon or Penrite are probably the way to go if you’re thinking you want high quality & to send your money in an Australian direction; doubt there’s any reason not to use the top products from Valvoline, Mobil, Castrol etc otherwise.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I use Nulon in my L77. All good so far, and it’s what was recommended by the guys who did all the work on it.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Again bit off topic from my original post but didn't think it justified a brand new thread.

Has anyone used the TyreSales website with the delivery/fitting/balancing as well? Is it any good or is it better to just go to a tyre joint? The idea of getting new tyres fitted in the carpark at work sounds awesome lol. Saves a bit of time.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I can’t recall which online joint it was, but I couldn’t see any negative of using one of them to do exactly that … apart from cost, it was a tad more expensive than ”bricks & mortar” places but saving that money wasn’t worth the few hours it’d have taken out of my day.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Just make sure you check your rims for damage after wherever you end up, some fitters just don’t give a crap unfortunately.