Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I had Dragon sport on my STI, whilst they are acceptable for a daily they are not in anyway a performance tyre

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Good to hear. I was wondering how tyre wear would go with these. Sounds like it should be pretty good.
Well on the OTHER alternative you mentioned, the RE050 ... my wife does 95% of the mileage in the car & while I'm pretty easy on it she's even easier, and we only got about 25k kms out of the OEM set on ours.
Note that I'm only ~75% sure they were RE050's ... but I'm fairly sure, and some Googling does have a few reviews from people with MY15 SSV-R's (which is where they came from).

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Been getting 'service steering column lock' message on my dash on and off for the past week. Probably happened 4 times over the course of 8 days or so. Drives smoothly and normally and steering hasn't been affected whatsoever, never happens when I first get in the car and start it up, only when I turn off my car. Wheels are always straight and I don't lean on the steering wheel when I get out the car.

Anything concerning or ignore?

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
That was for the original Delphi DOD lifters in the L76, they were replaced by redesigned AC Delco lifters, which carried over to the L77.
Whats the difference between delphi and ac delco there is not much info on the web

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Which was better, more reliable design, the Delphi or the Ac Delco?
The ACDelco was the redesigned version.

Reactions: Lex

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Whats the difference between delphi and ac delco there is not much info on the web
In the early years of GM there were different internal divisions that made different car parts. Over the years these divisions were spun off, amalgomated, split, sold etc until we had ACDelco and Delphi.

Today it seems Delphi is owned by Borg Warner while ACDelco is still owned by GM. Both have plants all over the world making stuff.

End quality depends on design and manufacture QA/QC more than where its made and such is related to price (but not always). So it's anyones guess which is actually better for a given part, Delphi or ACDelco.

Guess each person will have their own experiances with each brand.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
In the early years of GM there were different internal divisions that made different car parts. Over the years these divisions were spun off, amalgomated, split, sold etc until we had ACDelco and Delphi.

Today it seems Delphi is owned by Borg Warner while ACDelco is still owned by GM. Both have plants all over the world making stuff.

End quality depends on design and manufacture QA/QC more than where its made and such is related to price (but not always). So it's anyones guess which is actually better for a given part, Delphi or ACDelco.

Guess each person will have their own experiances with each brand.
GM gave up on the Delphi lifters when they replaced the L76 with the L77.