Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Police Pack

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
The second battery and wiring is because they have so much electrical equipment. There's at least three additional computers in them. One for the Number Plate Recognition system, another for the Mobile Data Terminal, and yet another for the video recording system (cameras front and back as well as microphones). Add in radar equipment, radios (standard and HF), and modern HWP cars have to be plugged into chargers overnight otherwise they're flat in 10 hours. The DRL can be disconnected as some of the operators reckon they give them away when they're hiding in the bushes. Not always but you'll often see HWP cars with duct tape on the DRL.

None of these mods improve the performance. They're stock standard models - just with lots of extra wiring.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
The second battery and wiring is because they have so much electrical equipment. There's at least three additional computers in them. One for the Number Plate Recognition system, another for the Mobile Data Terminal, and yet another for the video recording system (cameras front and back as well as microphones). Add in radar equipment, radios (standard and HF), and modern HWP cars have to be plugged into chargers overnight otherwise they're flat in 10 hours. The DRL can be disconnected as some of the operators reckon they give them away when they're hiding in the bushes. Not always but you'll often see HWP cars with duct tape on the DRL.

None of these mods improve the performance. They're stock standard models - just with lots of extra wiring.

As above,
A "new" police pack vehicle will have all the extra wiring in the boot, only for the battery. The looms power the extra fuse block which is mounted there, all the cables are numbered (power and ground) and all are connected to that extra fuse block. There MAY be the other side of the plug and the correct terminals in the glovebox/taped to the battery in the boot.
There will be no "extra" computers in it, do you really think the owners of the equipment would be stupid enough to leave it in a vehicle, especially a "new" vehicle that has never been fitted out? The Police don't own the equipment fitted to their cars, its provided under a service contract, i.e.: rented to them. (I realise your point ToeCutter21, but the amount of people who will ask/say/lie that it was left behind/still installed is ridiculous)

The roof mounted switch which kills the vehicles lighting is only for a VE, and doses;'t apply to the VF.
Yes, you can activate this feature, but you'll have to find the plug behind the glovebox and supply your own toggle switch.

If you really want to may the most of your Aux battery, find the "Red Arc" unit mounted behind it, and swap it out for one that works while the car is off. The police pack ones only charge the vehicle while it's running. Swap it out for a "normal" unit - around $170.00

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I took delivery today and I took the cover off the second battery area and there was a mass of wires and plugs there I thought they took everything out, now to work out which wires to dispose of not needed there, ill leave battery but wires and plugs not needed.
the day time running lights must be disconnected as they aren't working, slowly slowly ill sort it out in no rush

DRLs not working would be illegal. Take it back to the dealer.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I haven't taken the plastic cover off where mine has the 2nd battery so I'm not sure what I'll find there (apart from another battery :)) . Mine's a bit unique in that it was built as a cop car, but was sold new to me, so it probably won't have any residual wiring that might be left over from an ex cop car. it did have a plastic bag full of wiring looms and connectors siting in the glove box though.

it would be interesting to know what extras they do have, as you hear different all the time. The dealer had no clue, though apart from the battery, better brake pads and alternator, and the extra wiring I'm guessing that's about it. There is a thick guard under the engine sump which I haven't seen on other VF's

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There is a thick guard under the engine sump which I haven't seen on other VF's

That's for kerb hopping activities and the like.

My VS BT1 still has it installed.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
DRLs not working would be illegal. Take it back to the dealer.

I took it back this morning and they said that there is a plug off underneath, but mechanic couldn't look at it today so I took it to my mechanic and wee too the splash shield off underneath and plugs were in, checked fuses and relay they were missing put some in still not working.
someone suggested that they might be turned off in the programming of the car so ill tell holden about it when I get mylink upgrade done see if he can check it out.

I just cant understand how it passed rwc with them not working as they are a safety feature of the modern cars.

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
I haven't taken the plastic cover off where mine has the 2nd battery so I'm not sure what I'll find there (apart from another battery :)) . Mine's a bit unique in that it was built as a cop car, but was sold new to me, so it probably won't have any residual wiring that might be left over from an ex cop car. it did have a plastic bag full of wiring looms and connectors siting in the glove box though.

it would be interesting to know what extras they do have, as you hear different all the time. The dealer had no clue, though apart from the battery, better brake pads and alternator, and the extra wiring I'm guessing that's about it. There is a thick guard under the engine sump which I haven't seen on other VF's

I ripped mine out today after consulting with holden dealer, he said police packs come standard with wiring from factory, he said its good to remove if I wanted too, as long as the pos and neg stayed on the red arc thing to charge it its good, I want to leave 2nd battery in for car fridge as its always live and if it dies I can still start car on main battery

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Lots of wires, fuses and other crap that I have no idea about :)

wombat tow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss sedan
Lots of wires, fuses and other crap that I have no idea about :)

Pete the neg wires come off easy just one nut then all off, but pos unscrew that nut holding fuse box on then take post nut off red arc box behind battery then take wire from fuse box off but leave the other one on there. then time to replace every thing again, I had to unclamp battery and remove it not sure about yours though