Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf ss, ready for my fist performance upgrade, advice please?

AdAdrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive 2001,Ve series 2 sv6 commodore, vf ss
hi, so i have a 2014 ss I'm ready for the fist performance upgrade,

i have tried doing some re search on upgrading my ss i've looked at walkinshaw upgrades (i love the look of the inside cover and stuff) like the power pack upgrade but then i've compared it to tekno stage 1 upgrade and i've noticed i can get a lot more power for the same price. but i don't like the look as much. then i've heard i can go to smaller cheaper places for a lot less money to get the power but it'll void my warranty, so thats out of the question. i've also heard walkinshaw is much better on the engine for being dependable and longetivity

so im confused about what i should do

here' what I'm after in this order

1. warranty still all good

2. not to wear the engine out any more, i want it to be dependable and i want this car to last me a long time. (i've heard stage one helps the engine breath so its actually better for the engine)

and 3rd, more power

umm advices? sorry for the dumb question

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Try posting in the LSX dev section

Just FYI, the term "stage" is a marketing gimmick. One companies "Stage 1" will be completely different to another companies'. You should be looking at the specifications of the product and what those changes will do.

IMHO that Tekno package seems pretty exxy, but that's just me. You won't have any luck with warranty if you're tuning, possibly with Walkinshaw.

AdAdrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive 2001,Ve series 2 sv6 commodore, vf ss
so i did my own research and decided with tekno power pack stage one giving me 350 kw of power

booked it in for the 28th can't wait

JimmyBro

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf SSV Redline
Hi mate, did you get the 2.5 or the 3.0 stage 1 with tekno? I'm also looking in doing this but I heard the 2.5 stage 1 still sounds stock? Is this true?