Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS rwhp

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Not going to find much power with a 3" rather than a 2.5" at those power levels. Gains will be seen if more go fast bits are added, i.e. a cam / turbo.

Not entirely true. On a dyno, you will see more peak power with a 3" than a 2 1/2". On the street, there will be very little difference between the two until you start doing engine mods.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
My L77 is coming out next week and Ive got the complete HSV LSA motor and twin plate clutch brand new its got the same block as the LS9 and the heads and block are made of much stiffer material than the LS3 its about 50% stiffer its also got piston oil spray and 9 to 1 compression. Im getting the GT9 blower cam 215/247 .629/.656 121 CL installed with crane double valve springs and changing the bottom pully and top pully for around 570kw or 730hp flywheel. This is spot on confirmed power by harrop with the exact same motor and specs. Its a bullet proof motor at these levels in the US guys are seeing around 750rwhp with the stock blower before it maxes out. Should be ready in about 2 weeks.

Hardly relevant to the original question.

But if this was a thread about penis size, you win.

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No the guy in the thread before your post above asked a question about the cam might start up a separate thread cause its going to be a laugh doing this

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Gets confusing when the topic changes and there are 3 different conversations going on in the same thread.

offshore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
its gone now lol. anyway when my car was dynoed it only had 1500kms on it so might dyno a bit more now with 7500kms ill find out next week.

VFSSVUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Commodore Ute
So what do you reckon the max power i will be able to get with a full 3" system hiflow cats extractors and cold air intake?

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
An honest 250-260rwkw.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Be pushing the 270 mark with a good tune.

Ibsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute/VF SSV Sedan
So what do you reckon the max power i will be able to get with a full 3" system hiflow cats extractors and cold air intake?

My Ute is making 272rwkw with that setup.