Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Series 2 Paddle Shifter

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Hi All,

Quick one I have a 2016 SS Black edition, and I recently bought an after market paddle shift kit from Melbourne with module that wont work on my car apparently due to an extra factory wire in the steering column. This was sold to me as plug and play, clearly that didn't go well. As I now have the flat bottom wheel and paddles installed, does anyone know if the genuine kit is still able to be purchased and installed by Holden? The kit with the module I bought I have now chalked up to experience, which was an expensive mistake.

Cheers

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sorry I can't answer your question ... however I see that JHP (been around a while & hopefully wouldn't sell you a dud) has a kit that includes the paddles & the wheel; can you send your entire kit back?
I'd be a bit surprised if the kit you get from Holden doesn't also include the paddles & wheel, if you can still get it, as it would've been intended to be an option for the non-V SS.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yes still available. There is a new harness for the steering wheel. Doesn't mention changing clockspring and having car loaded with software change.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
An inquiry to a dealership spare parts department would give you the availability info in a jiffy.

I can't believe I said 'jiffy'.

I like Jiffy, the reason I asked is my Stealership told me they were never a Holden Accessory and I was seeking other's advice.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes still available. There is a new harness for the steering wheel. Doesn't mention changing clockspring and having car loaded with software change.
Thanks mate I will keep chasing them. Cheers

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I had the paddle shifters added to my VF SII SV6 by the dealer when I bought the car. They forgot to tweak the software to tell the car it was there so they didn't work till I took the car back. Probably has instructions with the kit when you buy the new wheel, but something needs to be changed in the cars software to enable them.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had the paddle shifters added to my VF SII SV6 by the dealer when I bought the car. They forgot to tweak the software to tell the car it was there so they didn't work till I took the car back. Probably has instructions with the kit when you buy the new wheel, but something needs to be changed in the cars software to enable them.
Thanks mate that looks like the route I will go down now. I bought the kit with module from a business that I believe is a member of this site, been run thru so many diagnostics over the last few days with nil result. No offer to send me a module to see if the original is faulty, just message after message of what I could be. Was sold as plug and play, well I got plugged and am out of pocket $600.00 which I lost in a jiffy so now can't play it seems.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Few things going on in the back ground with this seller which is not good, looks like I eat this whole debacle as no mention on even a part refund. He has seen this post and has the $hits, apparently mine is only the second car he has encountered with the purple wire in slot 3 of the clock spring connector. If your out there the other brother that bought this kit for a 2016 SS Black Edition with this friggin mystery wire please dm me as I am about to explode with anger.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Few things going on in the back ground with this seller which is not good, looks like I eat this whole debacle as no mention on even a part refund. He has seen this post and has the $hits, apparently mine is only the second car he has encountered with the purple wire in slot 3 of the clock spring connector. If your out there the other brother that bought this kit for a 2016 SS Black Edition with this friggin mystery wire please dm me as I am about to explode with anger.

If the product is not fit for purpose, then you are entitled to a full refund. It doesn't matter whether the seller agrees with ACL principles or not.

Out of interest, did you pay via credit card or paypal ? If so, you should have an avenue for getting your payment refunded.