Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Series 2 Rear Muffler with Bi Modal

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
Hi All,

As the title suggests...Looking for aftermarket Rear Mufflers that can connect to the factory bi modal wiring harness.

I think the car currently has a Hurricane Exhaust on it. i know its 3 inch.

But cant seem to find anywhere that sell what i need, without going the full cat back, of which it has. Just really want to see if I can get the rear mufflers only with the bi modal included.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Harrop advertise their rear muffler as working with factory bimodal. Have to ask if they'd sell it separate to a system.

Varex muffler from xforce might be worth looking into but that's separate to factory bimodal.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
You do find them for sale from time to time on Ebay. usually around the $250 to $300 mark.

Assuming you want to quieten it down ? Bear in mind that the factory bi modals when fitted to an aftermarket system can be very loud when the bimodal is open

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Also if you get the factory bimodal valve you can get someone to cut and weld it into any muffler.

Like Pete said eBay or gum tree.
F2 sedan
F sedan
HPW have a few

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
cut and weld it into any muffler
this is pretty much what happens with any aftermarket system looking to retain bi-modal with mylink.

As stated your other option is xforce varex, there is no interface to mylink,
but they do have a smartbox you can configure to behave the same, which connects to the OBD port.

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
So it looks like Harrop sell a cat back system, that integrates with the factory evalve.
The other option I am waiting on, is a performance shop in Melb has a supplier they can get these from, but are currently out of stock.

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
ah ok thanks. The other option i am looking at is getting a second hand set of rear mufflers, and cutting the valves out and getting someone to weld into my aftermarket mufflers. That way its all plug and play.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
ah ok thanks. The other option i am looking at is getting a second hand set of rear mufflers, and cutting the valves out and getting someone to weld into my aftermarket mufflers. That way its all plug and play.
\

Be careful though. I was going to do this with the 3 inch Pacemaker mufflers mine originally came with, though when we covered one of the tips it made little difference to the loudness.

The factory bi modal mufflers were designed to be just that...........bimodal Aftermarket ones not so much

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
Hmmm...Thanks. I tried covering them yesterday, and it did make a difference.. Will try it out. Got the bimodal on order now, and found a place to weld them in. For a few hundred bucks, it wont break the bank but will post back in here in a couple of weeks once done.