Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Series 2 Rear Muffler with Bi Modal

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
So for those interested. Got the original bimodals fitted. Unfortunately, the relay is missing which I only found out this afternoon. So still not sure whether it works.
Holden don’t have any relays. Ordered some from eBay but are a week or so away.
Anyone know where in Sydney I can get one from?

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
So for those interested in an update.
Got the relay sent from the USA. Needed 1, but got 3. So have 2 spare if anyone needs one.
Bimodal is all working now, and there is a noticeable difference which is great. Next big test is doing a freeway run and seeing if the drone is gone.
I think all up, it cost me $420 to do, including the original mufflers, welding and the relays. Well worth it IMHO.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
..... Holden don’t have any relays.....
I’ve read such on the forums related to other spare parts. It’s not like people want parts for a 20 year old car. Such lack of spare parts does not bode well for keeping our cars on the road going forward :(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I’ve read such on the forums related to other spare parts. It’s not like people want parts for a 20 year old car. Such lack of spare parts does not bode well for keeping our cars on the road going forward :(

Doesn't the law require them to have spare parts available for at least 7 years ?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

For some reason that particular relay (part 13500128) is not listed in the VF range but is used for Bi-modal exhaust relay. That part is used on a number of Holden vehicles and is available to purchase.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
So for those interested in an update.
Got the relay sent from the USA. Needed 1, but got 3. So have 2 spare if anyone needs one.
Bimodal is all working now, and there is a noticeable difference which is great. Next big test is doing a freeway run and seeing if the drone is gone.
I think all up, it cost me $420 to do, including the original mufflers, welding and the relays. Well worth it IMHO.

On start up i assume the bimodals are open, then shut when the revs drop. Even if you have them on quiet mode ?

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
For some reason that particular relay (part 13500128) is not listed in the VF range but is used for Bi-modal exhaust relay. That part is used on a number of Holden vehicles and is available to purchase.

Interesting..As a number of Holden dealers said Holden dont make that part anymore, even when i quoted just the part number and not specifically related to the VF.

clappa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS11 Redline
On start up i assume the bimodals are open, then shut when the revs drop. Even if you have them on quiet mode ?
No idea but this morning it seemed shut straight away.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Interesting..As a number of Holden dealers said Holden dont make that part anymore, even when i quoted just the part number and not specifically related to the VF.

They are talking **** as they are still being imported

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
yes they are spring loaded to the open position, once the car fires in quite mode they close fairly quickly within a second or two.