Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf SS Ute Modifcation Help!

vf-ss-ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
My partner and I have bought a brand new vf ss ute and have been discussing upgrades but as I am new to the v8 scene I require some advice from holden lovers. I have only moded and owned Imports until know that is and loving our v8.

We want to do full exhaust system upgrade including headers, high flow cats ect, cold air intake upgrade but not going mafless and of course a tune to bring it all together. I will also be moving to Brisbane soon, so if anyone can recommend any good mechanics that would be excellent.

Anyways back onto topic, thinking either KPM full exhaust and cold air intake and tune but not sure on 2.5 or 3. Or xforce full system not sure on 2.5 or 3 and Vcm cold air intake and a tune. Walkinshaw has been considered but seems over priced for name but still an option.

Any recommendations people can make on these brands and products or any other would be much appreciated.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I put on the w310 pack as it kept the warranty and lease company onside. However I believe that KPM also have an option for driveline warranty. I just love the note of the exhaust, stock they are far too quite, if you buy a v8 you want it to sound like one. There are many other cheaper options if you are not concerned with warranty.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I went down the second hand (virtually new) HSV exhaust path, with an Orssom OTR CAI. Tune coming this week. From the options you've put up, I'd go KPM exhaust and VCM CAI + tune. I do like the Orssom CAI, but have read enough on here to convince me the VCM is better. I wouldn't trust anyone with a tune that Holden doesn't endorse, i.e. a Walky agent. Doesn't have to be a Walky tune though...

The KPM exhaust note is the best from those I've listened to:

VF Commodore Exhaust - YouTube

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
have you thought about hurricane headers and a manta system ,then do the tune