Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute - Mylink options

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
Hey lads,

Just picked up a VF series 1 SS Ute and I am not a huge fan of the mylink system as it is. Bluetooth audio is great but there's a lovely big screen I want to use for GPS.

Has anyone bought one of the Android Auto adapters from ICE or eBay? If it works well I'm happy to pay but if it's a buggy mess I'll stick with using my phone as GPS.

Cheers!

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I've tried the Navi from ebay and couldn't get it to work properly , i cant vouch for the others available . I ended up with the Alpine Halo9
, there is the Alpine 902 but its expensive also Kenwood have good systems but the screen is slightly smaller

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
so to be clear you do not have stock maps enabled? Stock maps aren't perfect but they do the job for occasional use as the maps are now older.

you can get those added by enyous customs - https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/holden-vf-mylink-navigation-upgrade/

if you want aftermarket (all the carplay/android auto stuff) look to the Alpine units - they are pretty exxy but have all the latest gear and integrate seamlessly. https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/perfect-fit-solutions/holden/vf-commodore/9-audio-visual-x902d-vf/

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
Hey guys,

It doesn't have the stock maps or anything, no. If I'm gonna spend money on it I'll probably go the whole hog and get an Alpine unit.

Cheers for the input, not much online about the Series 1 mylink

Reactions: NME

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys,

It doesn't have the stock maps or anything, no. If I'm gonna spend money on it I'll probably go the whole hog and get an Alpine unit.

there is probably more in these forums than anywhere, what do you want to know?

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
I know in my old 07 Calais there was a 'rear aux' input on the back of the stereo unit that I could plug an iPod or whatever into, and I was able to buy a harness adapter to 3.5mm and just plug my phone into that. Ideally I could just buy an android auto box with RCA/HDMI out and hook it in via that.

Is there a similar thing for the VFs or will I need to get a pro to do it?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hey guys,

The system mpower pointed out is the X902D that has its own nav which you wouldnt need because of Android Auto/Carplay , the I902D doesnt have nav and is a $900 cheaper the Halo9 works out about another $900 cheaper again

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I thought S1 still had aux enabled ? If not it can be done i think

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure about the aux bit but there is the BT audio as you discovered. I've used this with Spotify and it works fine. Personally I have a largish (32GB) usb drive in the centre console USB port. One of those little tiny ones.

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
Cheers guys, I did chuck some of the classics that I had downloaded onto a USB and that works well, but Spotify and maps on the mylink screen would be mint

I'll check out that cheaper unit, looks good