Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute - Mylink options

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
This is what mine does, I was going to use it for audio books, Christ I would never know what book or chapter I was on :)
No, I use the same key, the other 2 are locked away. I'm the only driver.
I have folders set up with Artists and some have sub folders with the albums.
Many people say that if you turn off, in MyLink, the option which tells it to remember settings per key, this stops happening.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I often wonder when you open the car or open the boot in different ways has something to do with it. As I said the Redline doesn't do it but the Calais and Director both do it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I often wonder when you open the car or open the boot in different ways has something to do with it. As I said the Redline doesn't do it but the Calais and Director both do it.
Probably an obvious thing, hence you've already checked it, but you're sure they've all got the same value for the "save settings per key" option?

Boot or door access is an interesting hypothesis though, I rarely use the Commodore when there aren't two of us (when she uses it she's the only one in it & passenger's side doors plus boot stay shut) or when I'm not going to the shops or nursery (which both involve me using the boot). So that is definitely a difference between her using it, and me using it.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i found even with personalization by driver off and i only ever used 1 key it would change around when remote started and normally started.

i figured when remote starting it did not seem to identify the key being used so it used a default setting and when i started it normally it would use the key setting.

i will have to test it one day with the zb and see if the same thing happens.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Maybe for every open close action for a door or boot, that steps the playlist song counter :p:oops:

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
press the tune/menu button when you are in USB music then select new from folder, choose a folder. this won't work for everyone obviously, it does for me as i like to listen to albums.

back onto the random thing, i was actually thinking about this - perhaps the car is indexing and the fact it plays the same music first is because that's what it indexes first? Maybe you could make a playlist on your PC and dump that and then select the playlist as what you want to play.

So after you select folder mode does it just play every song in order in that folder then repeats or moves on to the next folder? Do you also turn random on in that mode?
I've only ever gone to the songs option then hit random so it randomly plays all the songs on the USB.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It's not indexing in my case; if you take the stick out it'll re-index, but if the stick is left in it doesn't need to do that when you next turn the car on.

It does the same with radio stations too.

I'm 98% sure (without actual knowledge :)) it's a glitch in the "remember settings per key" functionality; regardless of whether the glitch is trying to switch-over even though that function's supposed to be turned off, or the glitch is that the function is on & it's switching to the wrong memory/setting.

So every time you start your car it doesn't say "indexing" for about 30 seconds? Mine does it every single time I start the car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So after you select folder mode does it just play every song in order in that folder then repeats or moves on to the next folder? Do you also turn random on in that mode?
I've only ever gone to the songs option then hit random so it randomly plays all the songs on the USB.

I don't use random just play albums - yes it's actually old school but that's what I do.

So every time you start your car it doesn't say "indexing" for about 30 seconds? Mine does it every single time I start the car.

i know mine does (it's also downloading phone address book/sms at the same time), also the ability to skip songs is unavailable for a very short time - in my Monaro I have an Alpine unit that does the same thing except skip is unavailable for longer, could be slower USB or HU not sure which.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, and it's odd you say that because I'm ... well, let's say 75% certain, that it used to do that when we first got the car.
But now, it seems to only happen when the stick gets removed.
We got a firmware upgrade at ... I think it was durign the recall for the rear under-car wiring, and because I wasn't really paying enough attention I thought maybe that had Done Something that had changed the behaviour. But I doubt it's any newer than what's already in a 2016 car.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Mine only says indexing when I remove the stick. and with 2000+ songs it takes a while!