Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Just a quick update. Fitted up the new exhaust system
Went 3" stainless catback with new extractors and high flow cats
Beautiful tune, and extremely happy with the extra power gained by the system. Goes in to get an air take and tune in the next couple of weeks..honestly cannot be more stoked with what the exhaust upgrade has done with regards to torque and power increase! Highly recommend and we'll worth the $$

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Nice. What brands, header type, etc for your exhaust? Loud?
Any drone at cruising speeds?

Looking at doing mine very soon...

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Nice. What brands, header type, etc for your exhaust? Loud?
Any drone at cruising speeds?

Looking at doing mine very soon...

Went with a full HM system, now they go by the name of HPX. They made the walkinshaw systems before the current Walky's - and I believe they currently make the HSV stuff. Great quality system as to be expected as it is one of the more pricier systems. Nice extractors bit annoying to install but well worth it. Only finished the system today, but from the driving so far there has been no drone at all. Great note to it..idle isn't real loud but when driving opens up and sounds very nice!

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Thanks, will look into them.
After something with a slight note on idle, quiet while cruising & angry when pushed. Basically just enough to sound like a V8 without going overboard...
Guessing headers are 4 into 1? Been looking at Tri Y's for low down torque.

Thanks again

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Thanks, will look into them.
After something with a slight note on idle, quiet while cruising & angry when pushed. Basically just enough to sound like a V8 without going overboard...
Guessing headers are 4 into 1? Been looking at Tri Y's for low down torque.

Thanks again

Mine definitely has a noticeable note on idle, but when you put your foot down it is much louder. Driving loudness is nice and noticeable too. And when you give it a boot full, well it just sounds beautiful!
Perfect for a daily drive, in my opinion.
One thing I am very impressed with thus far is the low down torque that it has picked up. Seems to be the whole way through the range really but very noticeable down low, and it hasn't even got its tune yet, so I'm happy with that.
Yeah 1 3/4" 4 into 1.

TazaMate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Did you get the 35 or 25mm drop and also did you get 20-8.5 on the front and 20-10 on the rear for the wheels

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Nice car, lovin' it. Looks perfect how it is, just engine time now.

If you haven't already, I think remove the plastic protector about the headlights.

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Was lucky enough to pick up brand new VF Maloo hard lid & sailplanes, so ripped the VE stuff off and put the VF gear on..Just tops it off that bit more i think..love it!

TazaMate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Ute
Looks surprisingly a lot better that VF Maloo hard lid as it slopes down and looks more slick