Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] VF SS-V Redline 2017

VF SS-V Redline 2017

• Manual

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Automatic

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Kathy89Kathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS Redline MY17
hi all I'm new here so bare with me on understanding how y'all post things.
I've currently ordered my Ss-v Redline (last of the v8's ) delivery due is in July. I decided to go auto with active select, standard 19's, wing spoiler (hate the lip, looks wrong) and eventually make the usual A/M changes of course after getting it. I have approx 3 days to make any factory changes before production on the car begins and I'm locked in. Basically what I want to know did I make a mistake going auto? I lent towards the manual because my series II Ve ss was manual and I loved it. But my current ss is auto with active select with an awesome tune and a baby cam but I love it as well. Sort of stuck and I guess wanting come clarification if it's the right choice I made.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
It's personal preference really.

I went manual as my redline ute will mostly be used as a weekender and I've always prefered a manual for a performance/drivers car, it'll also be car no 4 so won't see a great deal of driving/kms.

If it was going to be a daily and used alot in stop/start traffic etc I'd probably go for the auto, hence why I bought an auto vt as a daily.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I enjoy the engagement of manual and don't do city traffic very often so went manual.
If I lived in a big city and used my car as a commuter I would go auto.

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
mines a daily and the wife has to drive it so auto it was.
No regrets so far

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Mine is auto, basically because I enjoy the ease and effortlessness of just putting my foot down to go, and I really cbf with a manual, especially in heavy traffic. I also wanted remote start which is unavailable with manual.
After placing my order I started to question whether I had made the right decision, but after driving it, all doubts were gone and I've had no regrets ever since.

Kathy89Kathy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS Redline MY17
Mine is auto, basically because I enjoy the ease and effortlessness of just putting my foot down to go, and I really cbf with a manual, especially in heavy traffic. I also wanted remote start which is unavailable with manual.
After placing my order I started to question whether I had made the right decision, but after driving it, all doubts were gone and I've had no regrets ever since.
Thank you that's exactly what I needed to hear

Daniel DeBono

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ii ssv redline
Manual = launch control and more driver engagement

Auto = remote start, no launch control, easier in traffic

I went with manual as I prefer the exhaust tone in that transmission.