Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS-V Redline (Series 1) - Rough idle and loss of power, no warning lights

wagon37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Wagon, VZ Executive Wagon
I've recently finished an LS3 into VK conversion, while it was being tuned it was running rough occasionally, the tuner swapped plugs and it didnt fix it, turns out the lead was faulty. Engine only has 39 thousand on it. Try pulling a spark lead off while its running rough and see if the engine note changes.

Cheers for that mate - good tip. Will try that if the rough running returns.

slamNcam

Reaction score
Members Ride
AU Fairmont - Stage 3 slammer and cammer
I actually operated an AU for nearly 8 years. The six cylinder INTECH motor went down a treat with its sublime and crisp power delivery however I did go through two radiators, two water pumps, an air conditioning compressor, alternator, power steering pump, steering rack, exhaust and a few other items. Got it to 293,000km and then it got yellow stickered for a broken brake light.

Interested to hear how much power slamNcam got out of his stage 3 on the AU?

Cheers for that mate - exact symptoms that I have. Will check the leads again

Hi Wagon37 and all,

In regards to the AU, that was my daily driver when I used to live in Geelong for about 9 years. With the stage 3 cam I was extracting about 390 HP 5-to-the-floor. Was an absolute weapon of a car, but similarly to you had quite a few problems with parts. Was t-bones by a VW Golf MK5 5 years ago and that was the end of that :(

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Wagon37 and all,

In regards to the AU, that was my daily driver when I used to live in Geelong for about 9 years. With the stage 3 cam I was extracting about 390 HP 5-to-the-floor. Was an absolute weapon of a car, but similarly to you had quite a few problems with parts. Was t-bones by a VW Golf MK5 5 years ago and that was the end of that :(
Get off the gear.

wagon37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Wagon, VZ Executive Wagon
and personally have a 2015 SS-V Redline in Santorini White that has been cammed to beyond belief, extracting approx 750 HP that is running like a gazelle.

With the stage 3 cam I was extracting about 390 HP 5-to-the-floor. Was an absolute weapon of a car

Are these "extraction" figures off a dyno or are you just estimating them based on your vast experience and knowledge...? If it's the former I'd suggest you talk to your dyno guy about their calibrations...

slamNcam

Reaction score
Members Ride
AU Fairmont - Stage 3 slammer and cammer
Are these "extraction" figures off a dyno or are you just estimating them based on your vast experience and knowledge...? If it's the former I'd suggest you talk to your dyno guy about their calibrations...

was all undertaken on a AUS standard dyno. Had a few bystanders around that could attest to it too. “Magical” I believe was one of the words to describe the run. If you would like I can try and dig up the PDF of the dyno run!