Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS-V S1 Super stock cam from Gm motorsports

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Cam package inc tune without bolt ons is $4990 full price, but they regularly do specials on Facebook for $2990.

executer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V 2015
Well done. Seems like a great streetable package. Good to see someone not get lured by the very alluring aggressive cam and lumpy idle.
Is AFM still active? If so, what lifters were installed?
I assume GM Motorsport would sell the cam kits separately i.e. for local tuner to install and tune?

Hey mate. All the afm gear was removed. They put the l98 valley plate in and changed the lifters as well as cam bolts. I'm not sure what lifters, I'll have to check the tax invoice. I know there's a few places using there stuff and doing package deals.

It's costed me $5790 including gst. That's for the cam, all parts, rex headers and high flow cats. They had a special in recently.

executer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V 2015

It's costed me $5790 including gst. That's for the cam, all parts, rex headers and high flow cats. They had a special in recently. I already had cai and catback prior.

executer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V 2015
Thanks for the video, was waiting for something like this to be uploaded, real world videos. cheers

Cheers. Hope the video has helped. There's a fair bit of background noise in the video as I did it with my phone. I'll do a drive by video soon.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Cheers. Hope the video has helped. There's a fair bit of background noise in the video as I did it with my phone. I'll do a drive by video soon.
Can you also do one that shows the idle from outside, and a normal take off (as you would from say a set of traffic lights in traffic)?

executer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V 2015
Hey guys,

Just sharing a quick drive video of my ride.
Mods ; Gm Motorsports Super Stock Cam, Rex headers, Rex high flow cats, Ramjet 1 CAI, X-Force 2.5 mild steel cat back exhaust, full custom mafless dyno tune.

Car is making 313KW and 644NM at the tires.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Sounds nice.