Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS vs E3 GTS can't make up my mind.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Black X, your Redline will still be a Redline after pumping heaps of money into it. HSV is always going to be a better investment in the end IMHO.
But, its up to the OP on what he wants to do.

You're saying a superseded model is a better "investment" than a new model?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Screw the conformists... get a VH with a stonking V8 and blower sticking out the bonnet.

Holden-Commodore-VN-fq-690x459.jpg

VEII SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE II SV6 Ute
Thanks for all the replies everyone. It's been a great read. Seeing as I've obsessed over the GTS for the past year, it seems fitting that i get it over the VF SS. Haha sorry Troy, but when it comes too older cars Ford has my vote! Seeing as I have an XE falcon sitting in my garage lol. Would love to do her up, but I just don't have the time atm. Once again thanks for all your input guys.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Enjoy which ever one you get:smoking:

Shane-0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You have just said it exactly, That's why I ordered a Redline after thinking about going all out on an R8, 25k difference not worth it.
I could easily spend half that amount on mods and have a better car which is what I have planned. If you want looks and status then HSV, You want best bang for buck then Redline and mod it later when stock gets boring.
Bose audio,Sunroof would be extra on the R8 as well. Redline wins against the normal clubby without even trying thanks to all the latest gadgets inside, Need to move up to R8 if you want something that compares to Redlines tech, I just love the HUD, should be standard on all new cars. Never have to look down at gauges. Redline is roughly 60k driveaway, R8 with 340 pack is around 85k. Bolt on charger to redline and you already kill it, rest of cash spend on upgrading the brakes, gearbox/transmission etc etc

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
You have just said it exactly, That's why I ordered a Redline after thinking about going all out on an R8, 25k difference not worth it.
I could easily spend half that amount on mods and have a better car which is what I have planned. If you want looks and status then HSV, You want best bang for buck then Redline and mod it later when stock gets boring.
Bose audio,Sunroof would be extra on the R8 as well. Redline wins against the normal clubby without even trying thanks to all the latest gadgets inside, Need to move up to R8 if you want something that compares to Redlines tech, I just love the HUD, should be standard on all new cars. Never have to look down at gauges. Redline is roughly 60k driveaway, R8 with 340 pack is around 85k. Bolt on charger to redline and you already kill it, rest of cash spend on upgrading the brakes, gearbox/transmission etc etc

Why you no read the first post properly?!

He wanted to know if he should buy a VF SS or an E3 GTS not a Gen F R8...

Y.B.SHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS

You can spend as much money on an SS as you like but at the end of the day it's still an SS and NOT a HSV!

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Thats what I said(again):hmmm:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You can spend as much money on an SS as you like but at the end of the day it's still an SS and NOT a HSV!

Yet if I were in his position I'd have gone a Redline too. From a E3 HSV driver :rolleyes: