Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS vs XR6T

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
looks are subjective.....but no-one can deny the cheap, ugly, taxi interior of the Falcon.

All the taxi's in my region are commodores. Go figure? lol

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I'll be very keen to watch the XR6T vs the VF twin turbo when it comes out. Also I didn't realise that ford had dropped the XR8. Tis a sad day when people favour weaker cars.

Uninformed comment much.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
I'll be very keen to watch the XR6T vs the VF twin turbo when it comes out. Also I didn't realise that ford had dropped the XR8. Tis a sad day when people favour weaker cars.

VF twin turbo.....???????

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
XR8 was stopped somewhere around 2010. And yes, the base models of the falcon feel cheap. But after sitting im a new VF ute yesterday, its interior was just as bad. But people buy what they want.
The engines in the VF range are disappointing, unless they are the turbo HSV one.

All horsepower aside, if the VF had a dedicated gas engine - I'd be trading my XR6 in for one. Just to see how good all the safety features and new designs were in the VF

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Uninformed comment much.

I meant in terms of Sales. Ford probably dropped the XR8 due to decreasing sales. A lot of people prefer things like Camry's and Mazda's that aren't as powerful. Nothing to do with Ford vs holden or V8NA Vs V6FI.

VF twin turbo.....???????

Check the front page of this site.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Ford probably dropped the XR8 due to decreasing sales

Check the front page of this site.

XR8 was crap for ages so very much on the nose for far too long, it was an embarrassment to the Ford faithful who bought a V8, so long that the car was overshadowed by it's T6 cousin. Now with Coyote it is much much better but the chicken has flown the coop.

That engine on the front page is not scheduled for any Commodore afaik unless you know otherwise?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
XR8 was crap for ages so very much on the nose for far too long, it was an embarrassment to the Ford faithful who bought a V8, so long that the car was overshadowed by it's T6 cousin. Now with Coyote it is much much better but the chicken has flown the coop.

That engine on the front page is not scheduled for any Commodore afaik unless you know otherwise?

The failing part about the Ford Boss V8's was the gearbox, not the engine as such.

The FG XR8's with the ZF are mighty quick.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon

That might be a stuff up on my part, I swear I saw somewhere that it was heading to the VF 2014 model. We can still dream though, right?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The failing part about the Ford Boss V8's was the gearbox, not the engine as such.

The FG XR8's with the ZF are mighty quick.

Well there you go, as a non-Ford person this actually makes me laugh that that's why they were so fail.