Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv 2. ls3 Automatic Transmission issue

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I was told by the tuner to disconnect the battery for 10 min and drive around normally for a week before bringing it back to him.
He then said he cant help and its doing the exact same thing when reflashing the stock tune.
The rest is a bit too technical for me.
My mechanic told me that the car learns how i drive and there is nothing much i can do.
In simple terms if i take the car to the holden service centre and explain whats going on do you guys think they will be able to fix the problem without erasing my custom tune?
I really dont care about the cost to fix it. I just want it fixed.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
every time tuner makes changes to the shifts/pressures u have to do a relearn or it will act as normal, u can command a 2000kpa shift if u want but if it hasnt learnt to go that high (after a flash) it wont and if it does at the start and u drive very low then it can unlearn it also and shift softer, but u can do something about the adaptive learning if u really need to, if u dont tell holden about custom tune and they update any part of the ecu u will prob loose your tune back to stock

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
Maybe speak to another performance shop & get some advice. Dealer would be a last resort unless it’s under warranty.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
I was told by the tuner to disconnect the battery for 10 min and drive around normally for a week before bringing it back to him.
He then said he cant help and its doing the exact same thing when reflashing the stock tune.
The rest is a bit too technical for me.
My mechanic told me that the car learns how i drive and there is nothing much i can do.
In simple terms if i take the car to the holden service centre and explain whats going on do you guys think they will be able to fix the problem without erasing my custom tune?
I really dont care about the cost to fix it. I just want it fixed.
In that case sounds like tuner issue.
Go another tuner, seriously.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Ok so.......So for a while when i start the car drive very softly so the car can learn not to shift to 4000rpm.
If that doesnt work go to another tuner and forget taking it to holden.
Is that the plan?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Ok so.......So for a while when i start the car drive very softly so the car can learn not to shift to 4000rpm.
If that doesnt work go to another tuner and forget taking it to holden.
Is that the plan?
We are progressing here, now believe either the ECU tune is not reporting torque correctly to the trans or temp sensor / fluid levels SNAFU in trans.
Check trans fluid level and condition is easiest first step.
That is ok and done the shift relearn properly (baby it on startup), still probs then taking ECU tune back to stock will fix it. Either via Holden else reflashing quality performance tune that reports torque properly.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
We are progressing here, now believe either the ECU tune is not reporting torque correctly to the trans or temp sensor / fluid levels SNAFU in trans.
Check trans fluid level and condition is easiest first step.
That is ok and done the shift relearn properly (baby it on startup), still probs then taking ECU tune back to stock will fix it. Either via Holden else reflashing quality performance tune that reports torque properly.
Ok! In regards to taking the ecu tune back to stock the tuner already did that and was having the same problem. The tuner said he has never seen anything like this before and he is quite reputable with many years of experience.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
may have to do a solenoid oil dump and relearn just encase one has too much pressure or a blockage on restart causing it to hold gear

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
may have to do a solenoid oil dump and relearn just encase one has too much pressure or a blockage on restart causing it to hold gear
I did have a block injector recently!
Also each time its a cold start i wont hear any crackle and pop anymore.
It only crackles and pop after warm start now.
Can this be related?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Yes good idea. EFIlive has a self-clean routine that cycles the trans and takes the engine up through different RPM, takes five minutes or so, definitely a good move.
Holden would have this too of course.
OP just so you are aware flashing the engine tune back in doesn’t cost you anything except 5 mins of the tuner’s time. The licence is still valid and no reason to pay much more once the issue is resolved.